What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Event Viewer/Notifications

Event Viewer/Notifications
Author: Message:
bhschica

O.P. Undecided  Event Viewer/Notifications
[font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=black] I am wondering about the event viewer. I understand how it works but I have one contact who I have applied a sound to play when they sign in and lately the event viewer shows the contact has signed in and the song plays but in the msn window it shows the contact offline. The event viewer does not say that the contact has signed off. I have watched this happen many times and the contact will sign off an hour later Not a minute after they have signed online like the msn window shows. I have the Newest version of MSN Messenger as well as Messenger Plus. If anyone could help me out by telling me why the contact does not show they are online like the Event Viewer tells me they should be I would appreciate it. Thanks
01-25-2007 08:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer/Notifications
Sounds like you need to have a read of CookieRevised's Solution to Contact's Problem. Try that and if it doesn't help, then maybe it is a connection problem.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-25-2007 08:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bhschica

O.P. RE: Event Viewer/Notifications
I don't think that is what the problem is if I am understanding what those other posts were explaining. I will try to clarify what I said alittle better:

1. The song plays for the contact indicating they have signed online

2. The Event viewer says the contact has signed in

4. The Event viewer does Not show that the contact has signed off

5. Later on in the Event Viewer It shows the contact has signed off. This happens always at different times...sometimes half hour sometimes an hour later.

I have tested it with other people and it doesn't mean that the contact has me blocked and also it doesn't mean that they are appearing offline. Any more Suggestions?
01-25-2007 08:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer/Notifications
But did you try it????

Doesn't hurt to try, and as a matter of interest, you do realise that people who posted in that thread would have seen similar things to you, but never posted about it. After all, trying what is posted in that thread isn't going to do harm to your computer, in fact it may do it good.

Even a number of my friends reported the same issue you are having to me, sent them that link above, seems to work well.

This post was edited on 01-25-2007 at 08:47 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-25-2007 08:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: