What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hope someone will answer me plsss....how can i get CHATLOG?

Hope someone will answer me plsss....how can i get CHATLOG?
Author: Message:
pangarapko

O.P. Hope someone will answer me plsss....how can i get CHATLOG?
     Hello guys i need help i wanna know how to get chatlog? or if i already got chatlog how can i open it or if there's way i will know if i have it already pls help me i really need to know about it thank you in advance
01-10-2007 03:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: Hope someone will answer me plsss....how can i get CHATLOG?
You can enable chat logs in Tools>Options>Messages>Message History.

Or you can use Messenger Plus Live's chat logs.
Preferences>Conversations>Chat Logging

And if you already have chat logs they might be in My Documents.
[Image: Zahid.png]
01-10-2007 03:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Hope sombody will answer it!!! how can i get CHATLOG???
Good, first of all: this is Plus! related so it should be placed in MsgPlus! Help & Support. But to answer your question: (which isn't formed in a very readable way)
Note: the following steps are for Messenger Plus! Live 4.xx in English
  • Enabling Chat Logging
    1. Open your Plus! preferences by going to your contact list, click on the Plus! icon and select "Preferences...". You can also open them by sending the command "/prefs" or "/config" in any conversation window.
    2. Go to Conversations > Chat Logging
    3. Make sure the checkbox "Save all my chats to log files by default..." is checked.
    4. Optionally, you can choose where to store your log files and whether they're saved by date or by e-mail. If you want to save your logs in HTML (which saves emoticons and winks too), choose that option in "Save Options". If you only want plain text files, check the other option. Look at the other options and set them to your tastes.
    5. If you want to encrypt your logs, go to Conversations > Logs Encryption, check "Protect my chat logs with a password" and type a password. This password cannot be retrieved when you've forgot it and therefore you should do this only if you can remember the password or when you've written it down somewhere you know!
    6. Press "OK" or "Apply" to save your new settings.
  • Opening a chat log
    The logs are stored in the location you've set in your preferences. So, go to that folder and you can view them there by opening the .htm files. (.ple if they're encrypted)

You can also view your logs using Plus!' Chat Log Viewer. This can be accessed by opening a .ple file or by clicking on the Plus! icon in your contact list or chat window and choosing "Chat Log Viewer..." (in a conversation, "Open Chat Log..." will appear which will immediately open the log of the person you're chatting with)

EDIT: Oh yeh, you can also use Messenger's own chat logs, but those aren't that advanced as Plus!' logs. :P

This post was edited on 01-10-2007 at 04:06 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
01-10-2007 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pangarapko

O.P. RE: Hope someone will answer me plsss....how can i get CHATLOG?
where i will do all of those?
01-10-2007 05:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: Hope someone will answer me plsss....how can i get CHATLOG?
quote:
Originally posted by pangarapko
where i will do all of those?
For WLM chat logs press Alt in Messenger contact list and tools and everything should come up then go to Tools>Options>Messages>Message History.
For Plus's way in the contact list click on the messenger plus icon and click on preferences then go to Conversations>Chat Logging
[Image: Zahid.png]
01-10-2007 07:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: