What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Macworld 2007

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Macworld 2007
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Macworld 2007
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
While I can't say I've been disappointed by the iPhone unveiling in terms of what it offers and how incredibly slick it looks -- I have no doubt it will be the best smartphone on the market by a huge margin -- I am probably not getting one. 

I had delayed purchase of an iPod and replacing my phone in anticipation of this and nevertheless, in strictly personal, "suits my needs" way, I am disappointed.  I had hoped for a much less flashy device that would fit the description of an iPod + basic GSM phone.  Perhaps I am "old school", perhaps it's just my lifestyle, but I don't own a smartphone now and really don't think I am missing anything.  I don't want a big device.  I don't want to be checking my email on my phone.  I certainly don't want to pay monthly for the data service plan that would require.  I don't even need a camera on my phone -- all it has to do is make calls and send text messages. 

June availability (I want something sooner) and Cingular (a carrier I don't use and don't especially like from what I keep hearing) are not good either.  I will have to think it over for a few days, but right now, I see myself just getting a Nano and a new phone of some sort (feel free to make suggestions).

I think you have a fair point there, but I feel you haven't done enough looking in to all of this to really be able to make such a decision just yet.

For starters the phone is like the size and weight of a 30GB ipod video except a couple of millimetres taller.  Secondly, this phone still doesnt have some of the features normally associated with a smart phone such as work and excel capabilities (yet at least).  However, the many feature of normal mobiles and smart phones that it has, all seem, to me at least, far more user friendly. You will also have no need for internet over your telecommunication provider if you are in a wifi hotspot.

I realise it might not be the best for your situation but I think people need to look at all the facts on things before making a definite decision on something that isn't even in shops yet.
[Image: markee.png]
01-10-2007 11:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Macworld 2007
the iPhone looks very nice and well worth the money :) would get one but dont really want to just lash out $500 AUD for it when i have a phone, oh well its still a year before it hits aussie shores ;)
...there used to be a signature here :)
01-10-2007 02:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Macworld 2007
I was expecting more from Macworld this year. The iPhone has had some big publicity, but Apple TV is really important, it's changing the way we will watch TV.

In the future your TV will come through your Internet connection ;).
01-10-2007 04:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: