What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!

Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
[preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
Author: Message:
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
quote:
Originally posted by markee
We have come across some problems with Plus! hard coding some stuffinto the window all the time making it impossible for it to beskinable.  There is going to be somewhat of a delay in that regarduntil we find all that is wrong and inform Patchou and wait for a laterrelease of MP!L with this feature fixed.  Until then we will continuework on the skin and hope that we won't have to do too much extra workto make the new skin usable.  I'm sorry for this sad news, just doesn'tlook like Patchou thought ahead (or maybe we're doing something wrong :P).

^^ please read ^^

Ok well i have decided to make my own skin for Messenger Plus! Live (well markee and me) and there are 2 reason why im posting it here:
  • i. we want to know opinions on the skin design
    B) let people know we are working on a whole new look for MP!L
    • to start people on the track for making skins so it just isnt the default (boring! |-))
    2... to remind me that im working on this seeing as Eljay (or Elgay) hasnt made the reminder script (:dodgy:) (WORK ON IT NOW!!!!11!!ONEonE!)

this image was only done in paint because i was wanting it to look a new type of image (web 0.2.0) but will be made better later when i get time (after completing some scripts / tutorials / other random stuff / playing games / you dont care any more / becoming a beta tester / slapping patchou / spamming ([Image: bobblespam.gif] :cheesy:) / etc...)...

quote:
How about this for an idea.  If you really don't like the design then can we have a design by you.  Remember it has to be possible with MP!L windows so you can only use rectangles for the main window frame and the child windows (for the tabs and the main options areas).  The design that NanaFreak and I decide to be the best by the time we are ready to make the skin will be the one that is made.  Do you like that for an idea?
please post your ideas and i will choose the best few and make them =D

suggested:
Eljay Style: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70...d=777434#pid777434 (posted there)

my preview :cheesy: :grin:

[Image: plus%20skin%20v3.png]

[Image: plus%20skin%20v2.png] [Image: attachment.php?pid=777093]

ps look at name... it is: Plus skin web 0.2.0 beta beta alpha beta by markee and nanafreak.png.gif.jpg.bmp.plsc.exe.rar.zip.js.php.txt....nana.rox.you.all...the.cat.sat.on.the.mat....wait.no.it.was.da.hood.mutha.fukas....i.love.flamin.lamers.jpg

.rox File Attachment: Plus skin web 0.2.0 beta beta alpha beta by markee and nanafreak.png.gif.jpg.bmp.plsc.exe.rar.zip.js.php.txt....nana.rox (100.22 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1065 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-14-2007 at 02:53 PM by NanaFreak.
01-11-2007 02:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
It might come out to be nice though the screenshot sucks [Image: msn_sad.gif].
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Attachment: Plus skin web 0.2.0 beta beta alpha beta by markee and nanafreak.png.gif.jpg.bmp.plsc.exe.rar.zip.js.php.txt....nana.rox (100.22 KB)
* Felu slaps NanaFreak around a bit with a large trout.

This post was edited on 01-11-2007 at 02:37 PM by Felu.
01-11-2007 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
ew.

Original design > *
01-11-2007 02:37 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
That design looks really crap because NanaFreak wanted to do it in Paint rather than PaintShop Pro like I wanted him too [Image: dodgy.gif]

What I did on paper looks a who lot better.  Atm, you just have to look at it a a basic structure that will be worked upon I guess.  I just wish NanaFreak would have taken things a little ore seriously with the preview design though.  I am also going to help NanaFreak out with finishing up a few of his current projects so we can work on this as soon as possible (I'm sure it is going to take a lot of work).

Please don't be so premature with saying how you feel about it and try to be more constructive.  Also the colours aren't going to be so harsh, they were just the basic ones in paint thats all.
[Image: markee.png]
01-11-2007 02:42 PM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
I like the idea off making a skin... but posting that paint image was just pointless...
01-11-2007 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
PaintShop Pro

Make him do it in that, or do yourself and upload..
the paint preview really sucks
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
01-11-2007 04:50 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
I'm just thinking... MemSkin can patch any program when you just change the file location in More Options. So, you could create a MemSkin for Plus! :D
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
01-11-2007 05:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
2... to remind me that im working on this seeing as Eljay (or Elgay) hasnt made the reminder script (:dodgy:) (WORK ON IT NOW!!!!11!!ONEonE!)

As soon as you make a nice looking skin, I'll make Task Scheduler <3 :P
01-11-2007 05:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
I'm just thinking... MemSkin can patch any program when you just change the file location in More Options. So, you could create a MemSkin for Plus! :D
It doesn't quite work that way for Plus!.

Plus! skins don't work the same as skins like in Messenger.

Either way, it would be useless to use a program like MemSkin to do exactly the same as if you would do it directly within Plus! and its interface files. No need for MemSkin at all...

Memskin is only usefull when a program like Messenger does not provide a skinning engine or isn't made with skinning in mind.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-11-2007 06:12 PM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Skins sounds good although if it looks like that screenshot i doubt anyone will download it :lol:

This post was edited on 01-11-2007 at 07:52 PM by Jimbo.
01-11-2007 07:34 PM
Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: