What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Email accounts (Email POP3)

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Email accounts (Email POP3)
Author: Message:
Leala

34 / Female / –
RE: Email accounts (Email POP3)
Okay so you're supposed to pay for pop3 support with hotmail but I use it just fine with msg plus. My dad uses it fine with outlook as well. Neither of us pay ffor it.

Anyway Yahoo does support pop3, I was trying to set up a yahoo account to work with msg plus but I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone else have it working?
01-25-2007 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
plus
Banned

Hotmail HAS no pop3! lol
01-25-2007 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Leala

34 / Female / –
Not what I mean't
I meant that through Messenger Plus I can set it up so that it recieves e-mails from my other hotmail account.
01-25-2007 10:59 PM
Visulth

34 / Male / –
I'm trying to set my gmail account to go through Plus! but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed that link that was posted earlier using the server "pop.gmail.com" but I still get the error message that my settings are incorrect or have been refused. (I'm using the port 995 as also suggested)
Can someone give me a hand here?

EDIT: I got it to work using the server "smtp.gmail.com" and the port 465.

This post was edited on 01-26-2007 at 02:27 PM by Visulth.
01-26-2007 02:24 PM
plus
Banned

There is some program that you put in you email + password then it checks you mail for you and if you have new mail it will redirect it to you current account.

But dont download just any program, look for safe ones :p
01-26-2007 04:14 PM
Leala

34 / Female / –
That has nothing to do with setting it up through Messenger Plus...
I'm trying to set up a yahoo account so that when I get new e-mails it picks it up in Messenger Plus and lets me know that I have e-mails.

If it's actually possible to do this let me know please =)

This post was edited on 01-26-2007 at 06:37 PM by Leala.
01-26-2007 06:27 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
In order to check mail with Plus! those accounts need to support pop3. You can check wether or not that account does in that account itself either in help or in settings. You will also find every possible setting you need inthere (servername, port etc.).
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-26-2007 08:43 PM
Leala

34 / Female / –
Thanks, I checked the yahoo site and I couldn't get their settings to work for some reason
01-27-2007 03:47 AM
watzels

34 / Male / –
Hopefully this will help or at least help people trying to get Gmail to work... this is what i had to do to get Gmail to work with plus and i believe it will be simular for yahoo(i have a yahoo account so i will try to get that to work asap)!
[Image: gmailsetupmu4.th.jpg]
basically the "E-mail server" is the most important as its telling it where to look for emails and the "e-mail client" down the very bottom is where you go when you click the message that comes up in the bottom right corner of the screen! the user name and password is obviously your user name and password!!!!

(please correct me if i have gotton ANY of this wrong)
~(but im allways right so dont worry!!!)~
EDIT: umm... yer! i think if you actually have a little look on the yahoo website you will see its not possible.....
"Can I use Netscape, Eudora, or Outlook to send and read my Yahoo! Mail?
Yes! Yahoo! Mail users can read their Yahoo! Mail messages in Netscape, Eudora, or Outlook by subscribing to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service. This service allows you to use Outlook, Eudora, or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo! Mail"

however... if you were to pay the settings would be somewhere along the lines of:
[Image: yahoomailsettingsna0.th.jpg]

I suppose you want to now know if it is possible to have a hotmail account using pop3 on plus!....!
... looking on the hotmail website where you create an account i do belive it says somewhere that pop emailing is not support on their free service.... however as it says further up where someone was able to use there hotmail through plus!... using pop3!!!!... this i belive may be because they have an older acount which since they have had the account for so long the have been given special rights...... well i have had my account for a while and i get 1gb storage yet i dont pay.... yet if you try to create a  new account you will only get 250mb(250mb is not your right either as hotmail clearly states down the bottom in small writing!!!!)

Basiclly if you wont an account for free where you have access to pop3 then use gmail.com ..... its really your only option plus your get 2gb storage... gmail is deffinently the best free email provider that i know of(in my opion of course!)

I hope this has been helpful!

If you need any help email me.... watzels@(whicheva you wish)......prefferable not yahoo as i may never check it!

This post was edited on 02-05-2007 at 10:12 AM by watzels.
02-05-2007 09:21 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by watzels
Basiclly if you wont an account for free where you have access to pop3 then use gmail.com ..... its really your only option plus your get 2gb storage... gmail is deffinently the best free email provider that i know of(in my opion of course!)
Not at all... Gmail is certainly not the only free pop3 provider. In fact Gmail does NOT provide pop3 but a kind of pseudo-pop3 which will not work properly with many pop3-clients.

Messenger Plus! POP3 Gmail Limitations
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-11-2007 11:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: