What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » error code 8100030d << ARGH HELP ME

error code 8100030d << ARGH HELP ME
Author: Message:
juicebox

O.P. error code 8100030d << ARGH HELP ME
ive turned of zone alarm and i dont have any beta things to "opt" out of << why is it not working?!
how do i make it work?
!! its so annoying been liek this for a while.. and one email i have never seems to sing in even on other ppls computers !!

This post was edited on 01-17-2007 at 12:30 AM by juicebox.
01-17-2007 12:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: error code 8100030d << ARGH HELP ME
Well, do you have any other firewalls?

Anyways, here's a post I found on another forum:
quote:
Originally posted by FastM
You have Zone Alarm?

1. To configure Windows Live Messenger through the most common firewalls, visit http://spaces.msn.com/messenger-support and look for steps under "How to enable Windows Live Messenger through a Firewall" on how to enable Windows Live Messenger through the most common firewalls. Click the appropriate link based on the firewall you have installed on your computer.

2. If you have any other firewall that is not listed, see the firewall manufacturer's documentation or contact your firewall manufacturer to configure Messenger. To find the MSN Messenger executable file, click "Start", Click "Run", type "%systemdrive%\program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.exe", and then click "OK".

3. Determine what version of Windows Live Messenger is installed on the computer, and then upgrade if it is required:
a. Visit the following Web site:
http://spaces.msn.com/messenger-support/bl...!3772.entry
b. Determine whether you are running the latest version. Download the latest version, if it is necessary.

4. Remove any third-party add-ons to Windows Live Messenger, such as Messenger Plus or Smiley Central

This is what they said was the solution
quote:
Originally posted by enrix
2. Follow the steps below for Windows Live Messenger
- Change Windows Explorer settings
a. Right-click "Start," and then click "Explore" to open Windows Explorer.
b. In the "Windows Explorer" window , click the "Tools" menu followed by "Folder Options." Click the "View" tab. In the Advanced settings list, check "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types" under "Hidden files and folders." Click "OK" to close the "Folder Options" window.
c. In the "Windows Explorer" window, click the "View" menu followed by "Explorer bar" and ensure that the "Folders" option is checked. This will ensure that you are able to see the folder list on the left side of the "Windows Explorer" window.

- Delete the Contacts Cache folder by following the steps below:
a. Right click Start, click Explore from the short-cut menu to open the Windows Explorer window.
b. In the Windows Explorer window, go to the Folder list on the left pane and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Contacts\<Your Windows Live Messenger email address>

Note Windows Logon name is the login name you use to sign into windows and "Your Windows Live Messenger email address" is the address that you use to sign into Windows Live Messenger.

c. Delete all the files that are in the Your Windows Live Messenger email address folder.
d. Right click "Start," Click "Explore" from the short-cut menu to open the Windows Explorer window.
e. In the "Windows Explorer" window, go to the Folder list on the left pane and navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\<Your Windows Live Messenger email address>

Note Windows Logon name is the login name you use to sign into windows and "Your Windows Live Messenger email address" is the address that you use to sign into Windows Live Messenger.

f. Delete the "real" and the "shadow" folders that are in the Windows Live Messenger email address folder.

3. Try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger again.

(Sorry that post is so long..)

This post was edited on 01-17-2007 at 01:44 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
01-17-2007 01:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: