What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » changing default lang. after installing in English

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
changing default lang. after installing in English
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. changing default lang. after installing in English
Is there any way to change the default language after installing Plus! in English? It will be useful for newly formed Windows accounts. Even, in order to view Configuration Wizard in the desired language for first sign in to Messenger in the current Windows Account after the installation .

This post was edited on 01-19-2007 at 09:36 PM by ahmetgns.
01-19-2007 01:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
plus! -> Preferences -> General and you should see a whole list of languages there.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-19-2007 08:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
I am sorry for you. You had replied without understanding my point. cookierevised posted a reply (saw from my e-mail) but I think he removed that post afterwards. I mean, I want to change the default language for all windows accounts, if it isn't possible for all accounts, at least for newly formed accounts.
01-19-2007 09:34 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings

Also, this should be in Tech Talk not Messenger Plus! Help and Support

Also because you mentioned the word messenger, that's what sparked that.

This post was edited on 01-19-2007 at 09:46 PM by MattyRid.
01-19-2007 09:45 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid

Also, this should be in Tech Talk not Messenger Plus! Help and Support

Also because you mentioned the word messenger, that's what sparked that.

Thank you for your replies. But the method you suggest won't work, ( I hope I'm not wrong) because I am not interested in region option of windows, but Plus' language. Also, whoever I don't know but someone has moved my thread into this subforum. I was totally wrong before as I put it in Translation Forum. So I am not guilty about it. :D
01-19-2007 10:00 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
but hang on, you contradicting yourself now...it's either Window's Language, Windows Live Messenger's Language or Messenger Plus! Language.

I've already given you 2, for the other, you would need to re-download the program in the language your after.
01-19-2007 10:02 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: changing default lang. after installing in English
I had written "Plus!' default language" since the first post. But you still say that "...either windows' language, WLM's language or Plus!' language". Either I have difficulties to explain my point or you can't understand. Besides, my mother tongue is not english so I may make mistakes. Sorry about that. Please post if you can help me really.

Also your last solution will not work because the language I want is not included in the setup yet( Turkish) . I hope Patchou will soon add it so we wouldn't fight for a simple matter.

This post was edited on 01-19-2007 at 10:15 PM by ahmetgns.
01-19-2007 10:12 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I'm not trying to fight here, what I am trying to clarify is exactly what your on about, if this is another way of trying to get turkish translation into plus!'s setup, well stop trying, because CookieRevised has already said that it won't happen until it has qualified using specific criteria.

And the reason I keep writing what I do it that you can't seem to make up your mind on what language you want changed. English may not be your native tongue but please either make yourself as clear as possible and don't keep changing what the question is because one minute your talking about User Accounts and the next minute your talking about Messenger and Messenger Plus!...so how is one suppose to know what your on about?!?!?!

A suggestion, start fresh in this thread and ask your question as clearly as you can and then I think we will get somewhere, because right now it seems to be as if you haven't asked the question correctly in the first place.
01-19-2007 10:36 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
In the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live
Change the value of "LanguageFile" (which is a REG_SZ) to "Lng_Turkish.ini".

That will work for the current user. If the current user doesn't still exist, use the following registry path instead:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live
And the name of the key is "DefaultLangFile".

hope that works ;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-19-2007 10:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I removed my post by accident it seems, here it is again:

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Is there any way to change the default language after installing Plus! in English? It will be useful for newly formed Windows accounts. Even, in order to view Configuration Wizard in the desired language for first sign in to Messenger in the current Windows Account after the installation .
This depends...

First note that it depends on how these new Messenger accounts are created.

To make this clear, you must know that the language setting is stored in the registry in two different places. One setting is saved under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive and one under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive.

All settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USER are Windows account dependant. If you login with a certain account into Windows then all your settings for that account are copied to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. This is essentially how Windows works.

However, if you create a new Windows account, then there aren't HKEY_CURRENT_USER settings yet, and some stuff under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is used in that case...

This is in a nutshell how Messenger Plus! works too.

For existing Windows accounts all the Messenger Plus! stuff is stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, this is also true for the language setting. And this setting is stored for all Messenger accounts at once, thus NOT user-specific. This means that changing this setting in the registry will also change the language used for all other Messenger accounts on that Windows account. And changing the language setting in Messenger Plus!'s preferences will also change the language for all other Messenger accounts later on.

Also note that if you change this setting in the registry it will not immediatly change the language in the running Messenger Plus!. You must restart Messenger for it to take effect.

For Windows accounts which do not exist yet, the setting is stored under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive. Changing this setting will have no effect on the Windows accounts which already exist as it will only be used as default if you create a new Windows account.

------------

So there is no real way to set a language setting for every new Messenger account, since if the new Messenger account is created in an existing Windows account, the language setting in HKEY_CURRENT_USER will be used, but this is also for all other Messenger users on that Windows account.

Only if first a new Windows account is created, where the new Messenger user needs to log in first, you could control which language would be the default one by setting the language in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

------------

For Messenger Plus! 3

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\LanguageFile
LanguageFile is a REG_SZ value containing the language file name which is used as the default one for all Messenger user on the current Windows account.
The default value is: DefaultLg.dat

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\DefLanguageFile
DefLanguageFile is a REG_SZ value containing the language file name which is used as the default one to put in HKEY_CURRENT_USER for new Windows accounts.
The default value is: DefaultLg.dat

eg: change LanguageFile or DefLanguageFile to Lang_Francais.ini to change the language to French.

Language files can be found in the Plus! installation subdirectory \Resources.

For Messenger Plus! Live

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\LanguageFile
LanguageFile is a REG_SZ value containing the language file name which is used as the default one for all Messenger user on the current Windows account.
The default value is: Lng_Default.ini

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\DefaultLangFile
DefaultLangFile is a REG_SZ value containing the language file name which is used as the default one to put in HKEY_CURRENT_USER for new Windows accounts.
The default value is: Lng_Default.ini

eg: change LanguageFile or DefLanguageFile to Lng_French.ini to change the language to French.

Language files can be found in the Plus! installation subdirectory \Languages.

This post was edited on 01-20-2007 at 02:30 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-20-2007 02:22 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: