What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » I am asking for help :P (audio driver)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
I am asking for help :P (audio driver)
Author: Message:
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
O.P. I am asking for help :P (audio driver)
Alright, here's the thing. I've had a computer sitting on the side for about 2 years. I was using another computer.. damn piece of poo. But anyway, I never bothered fixing the other computer (that's actually a million times better) and I finaly got round to it 3 days ago. Put a new hdd in it, reinstalled windows, etc. Then I set everything up and everything is good :happy:.. yeah but one thing.

Sound doesn't work. I've tried different things. Different people have told me to do different things but nothing really worked. Oh and yes, my speakers are on :chrongue: it just says that I don't have any audio device yet everything could work before.

So, if you're willing to try to help me, tell me everything I can try to do because I have already tried many things and I don't want to be trying them again and I don't feel like listing everything I have tried.

The person who can figure this out for me.. um.. will get something special :P if I can think of anything *-)

This post was edited on 01-23-2007 at 01:37 AM by WDZ.
01-22-2007 07:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: I am asking for help :P
First thing to do is to find the make and model of the sound card (or if it's integrated on the motherboard, find that)

Open up the System Properties by pressing WINKEY + Break, navigate to the hardware tab, clicky on Device Manager. The sound, video and game controllers section is where you are looking. There will be a list of items there, mostly for codecs. Ignore these. Look for something about your sound card, for instance mine is SoundMAX Digital Audio.

If you're lucky, the device will be listed there, and will only require a driver update. If not, it's time to 'Add New Hardware in the control panel.

Before that, time to go and get some drivers for your board. Best place to start would be the manufacturer's website, and Google is your friend.

OK, so it's on the motherboard. Find the motherboard's make and model, probably stenciled in white on your MoBo. The manufacturer should have a whole list of drivers that go along with that board on their website.

Once you have the driver, if it's in an exe format you should be good to go and just run it. if not, go to control panel, add new hardware. Say that you HAVE attached the new device, click next. There will be a big long list of devices to add, but skip this and scroll right to the bottom, with 'Add new hardware device'. Next.

select sound, video, game controller, Next. Press the 'Have disk' button, and browse for the driver files.

This post was edited on 01-22-2007 at 08:00 PM by MeEtc.
01-22-2007 07:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
You need a driver :p

Right Click on My Computer and click on Manage. Then go to Device Manager. Select Sound, Video And Game controlers, your sound card should be there. If its not then Click on Other Devices.

Just copy the name down of your sound card in here so we can find out what drivers you need :P
01-22-2007 07:44 PM
wacky

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: I am asking for help :P
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
First thing to do is to find the make and model of the sound card (or if it's integrated on the motherboard, find that)

(editing post in progress...)
its integrated on the motherboard

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
You need a driver
yeah.. been trying to figure that out. Dunno.. was just not working :-/ but it should be "C-Media AC97 Audio Device"
01-22-2007 07:48 PM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
Try these drivers..

http://driverzone.com/device.php?id=7647
http://driverzone.com/device.php?id=7651
http://driverzone.com/device.php?id=7646

This post was edited on 01-22-2007 at 07:53 PM by Kenji.
01-22-2007 07:52 PM
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
Go on your motherboard manufacturer's website (for instance, if you have an ASUS motherboard, go on the ASUS website) and browse the support pages for your motherboard model. You should be able to find the audio drivers you require there.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
01-22-2007 07:53 PM
wacky

– / – / Flag
quote:
Before that, time to go and get some drivers for your board. Best place to start would be the manufacturer's website, and Google is your friend.
I have been on the website. They ask for some number supposed to be on the back of my computer which isn't there. Thats why I'm getting angry about it :P
quote:
If you're lucky, the device will be listed there, and will only require a driver update
When I try to do that it just says that it can't find a better match :-/
01-22-2007 07:53 PM
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: I am asking for help :P
quote:
Originally posted by wacky
I have been on the website. They ask for some number supposed to be on the back of my computer which isn't there. Thats why I'm getting angry about it :P

If you still have your receipts from when you bought the computer as well as the manual and/or warranty, you should be able to find the number you are looking for there.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
01-22-2007 07:59 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
what kind of motherboard DO you have? if you have a camera, take a pic of it and post it here, and I'll see if i can find the right model for it.

if you don't have a camera, you'll still need to find whatever letters/numbers are written on it.
01-22-2007 07:59 PM
wacky

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
If you still have your receipts from when you bought the computer as well as the manual and/or warranty, you should be able to find the number you are looking for there.
yeah well that's the thing. I don't. This computer wasn't mine at first and I don't know what the person who had it first did with everything :-/
01-22-2007 08:00 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: