What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug when using Vista! MPL's alerts are disabling Windows Vista screen savers!

Bug when using Vista! MPL's alerts are disabling Windows Vista screen savers!
Author: Message:
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. Bug when using Vista! MPL's alerts are disabling Windows Vista screen savers!
Hi there!

I don't know if this is happening just here, but here is the bug. In fact, it's pretty simple.

If you enable Events Alerts, Windows Vista will erase the screen saver timer. Imagine you configured 10 minutes to screen saver appears, and than when just 2 minutes remain to enable it, if any Event Alert is shown, this "timer" will be back to 10 minutes again!

Something is causing Windows Vista to "think" that the Event Alert is and action sufficient to restore the timer limit of the screen saver (like a mouse movement).

So, on this way, if you use 10, 15, 20... minutes, you will never get screen saver, as this time is so long and surely will be any Event Alert before Windows Vista reaches these 10, 15, 20... minutes!

Anyone can inform if this is a real bug or just a problem here?!

This post was edited on 01-24-2007 at 11:19 PM by viniciusrsouza.
01-24-2007 10:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug when using Vista! MPL's alerts are disabling Windows Vista screen savers!
I understand what you mean... could anybody tyry to reproduce this problem on Vista and tell me if they can? I need to know if this is a general problem with the popups of Plus!.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-25-2007 07:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bug when using Vista! MPL's alerts are disabling Windows Vista screen savers!
Thanks for the help again Pachou!

I did new tests here and I noticed that, when I change my status to Busy, everything becames normal. Of course, as all alerts are disabled due to this status mode.

Then, I was afraid by the possibility of the Live Messenger defaut alerts maybe were the cause of the problem, but I deleted ALL Messenger Plus! Live alerts and, when using just the Live Messenger default alerts, everything went normal and Windows Vista screen savers worked nice again, just in the correct time!

I hope more people can help. Even because I want to know if this is only here or it's a general problem, like you (Patchou) said.
01-26-2007 06:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: