What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] "Xfire" like functions

[Request] "Xfire" like functions
Author: Message:
D K

32 / Male / –
O.P. [Request] "Xfire" like functions
I was wondering whether it is possible to make a script that gives MSN some of the functions that I love from Xfire.

I am quite a heavy gamer and people that try to get hold of me usually have to wait a few hours before I realise that I have a message waiting for me. When you get a message you get a toast that comes up over the top of the application (Opacity changable maybe) and then you can press a hot key that then brings up the chat screen (Again, Opacity changable) on top of the current game (So you can still play the game at the same time!!!) so that you are able to chat.

I know that this is a fairly big task, and I'm not sure if this is able to be done with the limitations of the scripting, but is there? If there is then I am sure that the script will be a big hit (About 10 friends I know that would use it straight away).
01-26-2007 06:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] "Xfire" like functions
There was a thread on this a while ago which can be found here, though there hasn't been much of an update on progress recently. It's possible, but compared to the features of Xfire, the script will be very limited.
01-26-2007 10:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
You have some options:

Preview Box Script

Keyflasher Script

And the third option was what I went for.. though is a TAD more difficult which is actually program something like xfire using directx injection.

The project is kinda sitting on my computer because I haven't had much time to do this but maybe I can give it another shot.

This is a screenshot:
[Image: tela2.JPG]

It's in portuguese cause I'm Brazilian but notice on the upper left hand side that black box was actually a comercial banner from blizzard. It's a black background with blue letters those are the messages I received from my friends.

What I was doing then was installing a keyboard hook and using it to send the messages without having to actually send them in game (so the other people didn't see my chat) and it works but I only managed to make capital or lowercase letters because I'm not very familiar with keyboard hooks so far.

Notice that this is a two-part project: 1 - the program that does the directx injection. 2 - the script that reads the messages I sent (I send my messages to port 10000 and use a sniffer to catch messages in that port and send them to my contacts).

I'll try to give this project another shot this weekend please let me know if you know anything about visual basic maybe you can help me out since this is the language I'm using.

Thanks

01-26-2007 10:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
D K

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] "Xfire" like functions
Yeah, sorry for not searching. Just kinda didn't think that this would have been asked about already :S

Maybe I should just try and get the MSN Plugin for Xfire.

EDIT - The Preview one is what gave me the idea to post this (If you look at the last few posts of that topic) but I don't really like the way it works and it doesn't have many features.  And the other one doesn't really fit.

Your one looks fairly good, but that looks like it only works in Wc3 does it? Maybe if you work on it a bit it might be good :)

This post was edited on 01-26-2007 at 10:58 AM by D K.
01-26-2007 10:48 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Basically it has the same issues xfire does it'll work on games using directx 3d 8 or directx 9..

What game you looking to use it with?
01-26-2007 12:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
D K

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Request] "Xfire" like functions
If my signature worked properly. Then you would see, World of Warcraft. But I would also like to use it with Wc3, UT GOTY (99), UT 2k4, Battlefield 2, and a few others.
01-26-2007 12:39 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: