What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
[Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Update 1.1.117)
Author: Message:
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108)
Stickynotes will soon be released with Plus! 4.20. For this reason I ask that anybody who can tests it and reports all bugs so I can have them fixed by the 25th of February. Thank you!

The download can be accessed in the first post of this thread.

This post was edited on 02-15-2007 at 03:20 AM by deAd.
02-15-2007 03:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes (Update 1.1.108)
I have released a new version of Stickynotes by auto-update. It is not available in the database yet. This version has better support for polygamy and checks for updates only once per week.

Please test it thoroughly, especially those of you using polygamy! You can report bugs here or through the contact link in the about window.
02-17-2007 01:31 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
BUG : If you enable HotKeys and one of them is set a None you get an error that the HotKey cannot be registered :P.
quote:
---------------------------
Error
The hotkey to show/hide notes could not be registered. Please check that the hotkey you selected is not already in use.
OK   

Also being able to use Plus formatting tags in the window will be usefull :). Use a RichStaticControl instead :P.
02-17-2007 04:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
BUG : If you enable HotKeys and one of them is set a None you get an error that the HotKey cannot be registered :P.
Thanks, will fix!

quote:
Also being able to use Plus formatting tags in the window will be usefull :). Use a RichStaticControl instead :P.

I had this originally before it was released, but the tags were not saved properly (GetControlText returns spaces instead of the tags, like if you copy from the chat window) and it showed special characters when it wrapped. :(
02-17-2007 04:13 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
I had this originally before it was released, but the tags were not saved properly (GetControlText returns spaces instead of the tags, like if you copy from the chat window) and it showed special characters when it wrapped. :(
Hmm I see. Why don't you store the text while setting it? And get it back when editing?
02-17-2007 04:20 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
quote:
quote:
Hmm I see. Why don't you store the text while setting it? And get it back when editing?

I was thinking of doing that (and actually the text is stored when you edit it now, I changed that for its initial release) but it still shows special characters everywhere when it wraps.
02-17-2007 05:08 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
On installing your script i got an errormessage:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=790914]

And yes indeed the hotkey was regged already...to OneNote to open a new note...now i did some research to see how many ppl are gonna have this program installed. Microsoft OneNote is part of Office 2007 suites, so maybe it's better to change to another "default" key in the Sticky Notes setup.

Also on installing your script i think it be better to have Hotkeys disabled by default. People can enable them later and/or set the key combinations they want...that way they'll know about the combinations aswell.

[Image: default.aspx?AssetID=ZA101742711033]
Source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101635841033.aspx

This post was edited on 02-19-2007 at 08:09 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-19-2007 08:08 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
On installing your script i got an errormessage:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=790914]

And yes indeed the hotkey was regged already...to OneNote to open a new note...now i did some research to see how many ppl are gonna have this program installed. Microsoft OneNote is part of Office 2007 suites, so maybe it's better to change to another "default" key in the Sticky Notes setup.

Also on installing your script i think it be better to have Hotkeys disabled by default. People can enable them later and/or set the key combinations they want...that way they'll know about the combinations aswell.

I had the same problem as well. I completely agree in the two things that you stated; that hotkeys should be disabled by default and that, anyways, the default shortcut should be changed.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
02-19-2007 08:24 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Re-release] Stickynotes - NEED TESTERS - (Beta Update 1.1.113)
Hey guys, thanks! I am going to disable hotkeys by default as per your request (thanks for the visual sunshine :P) but I won't change the default shortcut. It can be changed when the user enables them easily enough ;). The chart you posted shows that less than half of the Office 2007 packages have this software and its hotkey enabled, so it shouldn't be a big problem :)

Thanks, it has been changed and will not be enabled by default in the future. (If you already have it enabled and upgrade it will stay)
02-19-2007 09:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
The chart you posted shows that less than half of the Office 2007 packages have this software and its hotkey enabled, so it shouldn't be a big problem (Smilie)
You read the chart wrong I'm afraid....

It is not because there are only 3 dots on a horizontal line for OneNote, that less than half the people are going to suffer from this.

The first dot especially shows that many people are going to suffer from it, since it stands for one of the most common packages of Office2007. The further you go to the right the rarer the packages become since students and other normal users wouldn't be able to afford such high end pro packages, they would have mostly the student and standard versions.

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-19-2007 10:04 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: