What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Know who's talking tabbed chat

Know who's talking tabbed chat
Author: Message:
Pyr0Kn3sy

O.P. Know who's talking tabbed chat
Maybe it's just MY plus behaviour (WLM). Tell it to me if I'm the only one heh :P

Let's say I have 5 contacts in a tabbed chat. I am currently chatting with contact #3 and I minimize my window. Contact #4 messages me (So normally the chats task will now blink in my task bar (start menu bar). BUT (and that's the point of my post) the nickname showed in the takbar will be the contact #3 which is NOT (stating that contact #3 didn't message me back) the contact that messages me.

Is it possible that when I minimize my window the contact name in the task bar changes to the FIRST contact that messages me. It would prevent me from search which of my 20 contacts is messaging me everytime. Plus, sometimes I don't feel like reading a contacts message right now and I feel reading another ones :P

Thank you for reading, I really hope my english is understandable :P
02-13-2007 03:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Know who's talking tabbed chat
quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0Kn3sy
Maybe it's just MY plus behaviour (WLM). Tell it to me if I'm the only one heh :P

Let's say I have 5 contacts in a tabbed chat. I am currently chatting with contact #3 and I minimize my window. Contact #4 messages me (So normally the chats task will now blink in my task bar (start menu bar). BUT (and that's the point of my post) the nickname showed in the takbar will be the contact #3 which is NOT (stating that contact #3 didn't message me back) the contact that messages me.

Is it possible that when I minimize my window the contact name in the task bar changes to the FIRST contact that messages me. It would prevent me from search which of my 20 contacts is messaging me everytime. Plus, sometimes I don't feel like reading a contacts message right now and I feel reading another ones :P

Thank you for reading, I really hope my english is understandable :P
This isn't a feature in Plus!, however, I believe it may be possible, may be possible to create as a script, and if not, I'd find it useful aswell.

Maybe someone with a bit more scripting knowledge can tell you whether it is possible or not. :)

EDIT: And yes, your english was very good. :) (Alot better than some others that ask for help...8-))

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 04:00 PM by Thor.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-13-2007 04:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyr0Kn3sy

O.P. RE: Know who's talking tabbed chat
Thank you for your great comments and answering this fast :)

Tell me if I'm right ; when I had MSN 7.5 with the appropriate version of Plus! I think this was a feature. I mean if I am right contacts name were changing. So that's why I asked if it was my problem. But if you tell me it's not a feature of Plus! maybe bringing it back (if I'm right that  MSN 7.5 Plus! version was doing it) with Messenger Plus! next version would be great. And if it's possible trought a script it would be a great idea too :)
02-13-2007 04:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Thank you for your great comments and answering this fast :)

Tell me if I'm right ; when I had MSN 7.5 with the appropriate version of Plus! I think this was a feature. I mean if I am right contacts name were changing. So that's why I asked if it was my problem. But if you tell me it's not a feature of Plus! maybe bringing it back (if I'm right that  MSN 7.5 Plus! version was doing it) with Messenger Plus! next version would be great. And if it's possible trought a script it would be a great idea too :)
AFAIK, I don't think it was in Messenger Plus! for  7.5, but to be honest, I can't remember, months since I used 7.5 and Messenger Plus! 3.xx.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is a difference between Messenger and Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! is an addon for Messenger, so you'll still be using Messenger.

The tabbed chat feature is a feature of Messenger Plus!, not Messenger. Therefor, the switching of names on the taskbar button is also part of Plus!.

Hence why this can't be "a feature of messenger 7.5", however but it was a feature of Messenger Plus! 3...
Sorry, I knew that, I'll rephase it. :)

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 04:55 PM by Thor.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-13-2007 04:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:
AFAIK, I don't think it was in 7.5, but to be honest, I can't remember, months since I used 7.5.
There is a difference between Messenger and Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! is an addon for Messenger, so you'll still be using Messenger.

The tabbed chat feature is a feature of Messenger Plus!, not Messenger. Therefor, the switching of names on the taskbar button is also part of Plus!.

Hence why this can't be "a feature of messenger 7.5", however but it was a feature of Messenger Plus! 3...

But this had problems too although many people didn't noticed them, they were there, even in Messenger Plus! 3. Hence why it was not included anymore in Messenger Plus! Live.

Anyways,
quote:

Read:
CookieRevised's reply to Tabbed Chats - wrong contact

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 04:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-13-2007 04:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: