What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Conecting xbox 360 and Computer

Conecting xbox 360 and Computer
Author: Message:
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
O.P. Conecting xbox 360 and Computer
hey,

well i got my xbox 360 from microsoft today and have got it running, what i want to do is view all my pictures and music and stuff on my laptop ..on the 360, i did what it said and connected the 360 to my WIRED network, (as i have not yet bought the wirless network adapter) so i plugged the ethernet cale into my 360 and conected it to my router which is then connected to a wireless gateway, i downloaded some stuff from the net as it said but it then asked for a 8 diget setup key..which i can't find :S

i then went on to find that this was not windows media connect, supposidly this is now build right into WMP 11,  so mabay i am doing something wrong, mabay you have to connect the 360 wirelessly but this then says to me that the network port on the 360 is pointless?

thanks and sorry about the badly worded post.

P.Toye
www.mediaonthemove.net

02-05-2007 06:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Conecting xbox 360 and Computer
Windows Media Player 11 does indeed have it built in. Make sure it is enabled by going to Library>Media Sharing>"Share my media to". It should detect your 360 and you will have to allow it there.

Then go to the Xbox 360 dashboard and go to the media blade, choose Music, Pictures or Video and choose Computer. It should then find your PC and you just have to choose it.
02-05-2007 06:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Conecting xbox 360 and Computer
yeh i already had the files shared but it wont find my laptop :s
www.mediaonthemove.net

02-05-2007 06:46 PM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
i thought you had to buy a cd/dvd that lets you use your PC/laptop with your 360? you just plug it into your 360 and follow everything it says. at least that what you do with the old xbox i think....?

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
02-06-2007 10:23 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I've been having the same problem with my Windows XP computer, I assume you're using XP? Apparently, it only works properly on computers with MCE, otherwise it's a bit iffy. It doesn't work at all on mine.
quote:
Originally posted by ichooselife128
i thought you had to buy a cd/dvd that lets you use your PC/laptop with your 360? you just plug it into your 360 and follow everything it says. at least that what you do with the old xbox i think....?
Please don't post about something you know nothing about, the 360 comes with the software to do this already on it.
02-06-2007 04:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Conecting xbox 360 and Computer
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I've been having the same problem with my Windows XP computer, I assume you're using XP? Apparently, it only works properly on computers with MCE, otherwise it's a bit iffy. It doesn't work at all on mine.
quote:
Originally posted by ichooselife128
Please don't post about something you know nothing about, the 360 comes with the software to do this already on it.

Yeh i got MCE but still can't get it to work :S
www.mediaonthemove.net

02-06-2007 05:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: