What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Shared Folders issue

Shared Folders issue
Author: Message:
dvst8u

O.P. Shared Folders issue
Hi Everyone

I have downloaded Ver 8.1 of WLM and had no issues until I installed Plus.  Now when I go into shared folders via WLM and right click on any of the shared files messenger shuts down.  Any ideas on what would cause this or how to fix?  The only other add on I have installed is Stuff Plug.

Thanks
02-06-2007 04:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
RE: Shared Folders issue
Have you tried this method?
- Uninstall all add-ons, skins (if you are using one), then uninstall Windows Live messenger. Delete the folder (Named MSN Messenger) in your C:/ drive under program files folder thereafter. Run Disk cleanup and restart your PC. Reinstall everything.

Here are some possiblities:
your add-ons, skins(if you are using one) "overloads" messenger causing it to not responding.
the scripts (if you have) you installed for MsgPlus! live might cause messenger to stop responding.
'dying' harddisk - it's time to change your harddisk.
system files error - it's time to reformat.
etc.

This post was edited on 02-06-2007 at 04:41 PM by xJ +.
02-06-2007 04:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dvst8u

O.P. RE: RE: Shared Folders issue
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
- Uninstall all add-ons, skins (if you are using one), then uninstall Windows Live messenger. Delete the folder (Named MSN Messenger) in your C:/ drive under program files folder thereafter. Run Disk cleanup and restart your PC. Reinstall everything.

your add-ons, skins(if you are using one) "overloads" messenger causing it to not responding.
the scripts (if you have) you installed for MsgPlus! live might cause messenger to stop responding.
etc.

I've tried the method you suggested and everything works fine when I uinstall MSN PLUS. Once I reinstall it same issue.
02-06-2007 05:07 PM
dvst8u

O.P. RE: RE: RE: Shared Folders issue
quote:
Originally posted by dvst8u
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +

etc.

I've tried the method you suggested and everything works fine when I uinstall MSN PLUS. Once I reinstall it same issue.

Ok I found through the Share Assistant that I'm missing  usnsvc.dll.  Now how do I get that back.  I tried reinstalling 8.1 and still getting the same message.

thx
02-06-2007 11:33 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: