What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions...

Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions...
Author: Message:
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions...
Thanks for taking the time and making a new system for me.
Couldn't reply earlier, because when you sent me the message on WLM I was sleeping and after that, I had to go at school...

Now, comment time! :P
I think you overdid it with the graphics card and the case...
Like I said, I won't be playing many games, and the games that I would play run fine on a 7600GS.
Also, €247 is too much for a case imo...
The case we chose costed around €40-80 and, it's a nice one.
I must say that the case you suggested looks nice, but I think that it's overpriced... (and I don't really know why? :P)

Now, about the motherboard...
I have never heard before of "DFI" MBs, but according to wikipedia, it seems to be a major MB making company. But I suck when coming to hardware stuff, so I'll just trust wikipedia... :P
Also, why did you choose an 700W power supply?
Does the 7900GS need that much, or to be sure that I won't be needing to change power supply if I get any other hardware in the future...?
Also, I didn't know that Lightscribe DVDRW drives are so cheap! :O

quote:
Originally posted by Jhrono
Great motherboad (Sli support included!)
I don't know...
The box looks a bit unprofessional (but then again, it's supposed to be used at lan parties, so they would need something "gamish" to attract more people :P)
Also, it's the inside that counts, not the box :P

Anyway, it looks like a great computer that it would be nice to have (Y)

Also, does any of you know any good TV tuner cards that preferably have support S-Video input (so that I can use S-Video with our digital satellite receiver to record what it would saw on TV)

Thanks! :)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
02-07-2007 03:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-06-2007 at 04:39 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by xJ + on 02-06-2007 at 04:46 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-06-2007 at 05:17 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by xJ + on 02-06-2007 at 05:59 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-06-2007 at 06:13 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Jhrono on 02-06-2007 at 11:10 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-07-2007 at 03:36 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Jhrono on 02-07-2007 at 06:44 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by callmegarfield on 02-08-2007 at 08:32 AM
RE: RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Jhrono on 02-08-2007 at 01:58 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-08-2007 at 02:52 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Jhrono on 02-08-2007 at 08:24 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-08-2007 at 08:40 PM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by jamieostrich on 02-10-2007 at 09:39 AM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Ptoye on 02-10-2007 at 11:18 AM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-11-2007 at 08:35 AM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 02-11-2007 at 08:47 AM
RE: Going to get a new computer - Need opinions and suggestions... - by Mike on 03-23-2007 at 05:41 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: