What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's attention

share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's attention
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's attention
In sound library preferences, there is an option "Share with all accounts [Any people connecting to Messenger from this computer will have access to the same sound library]". However this option is not global all users on that computer but only for that Windows account, i.e Any people connecting to Messenger from this Windows account will have access to the same sound library.
02-06-2007 05:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's attention
I don't see any bug regarding this.... It works like it is intended.

If you mean the tooltip description can be made a bit better, then you should have posted in the "Translation" subforum instead.

The Bug Reports subforums is only for bugs...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-06-2007 08:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's attention
Either the tooltip should be fixed or the option should work as it is intended. Because I noticed this when I wanted to use a sound in which my brother's sound library but couldn't find in my own sound library, although both sound libraries are marked for shared for all accounts.
02-07-2007 10:21 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's atten
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
or the option should work as it is intended.
It works as intended!

quote:
although both sound libraries are marked for shared for all accounts.
accounts are Messenger accounts, not Windows accounts.

Note that everything else related to Messenger and Plus! (and even most other programs too for that matter) is also depending on Windows account. The Sound library is no difference.

Again, there is no bug at all...

This post was edited on 02-07-2007 at 01:43 PM by CookieRevised.
02-07-2007 01:41 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's attention
Thanks for your answers Cookie however I want to make some point clear. That is, I know the accounts in 'Share with all accounts' are Messenger accounts, not Windows'. However the tooltip says that "Anyone connecting to Messenger from this computer will have access to the same sound library." That is the problem. If there are two different Windows accounts on the computer they don't have access to the same sound libraries, their sound libraries are private to their own Windows accounts. If Patchou put the sound library directory to the C:/Documents and Settings/All Users...  the tooltip would make more sense. If he won't, I want from him and all translators to change the tooltip as "Anyone connecting to Messenger from this Windows account......". Patchou has paid attention to this point in some preferences such as Polygamy. The tooltip says for Polygamy "Note: this feature is global to all the users of this Windows account" ;)
02-07-2007 05:43 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: share with all accounts, sou. lib.|To all translators, especially Patchou's atten
quote:
Thanks for your answers Cookie however I want to make some point clear. That is, I know the accounts in 'Share with all accounts' are Messenger accounts, not Windows'. However the tooltip says that "Anyone connecting to Messenger from this computer will have access to the same sound library." That is the problem.
Then you should have posted this in the Translation subforum as I said before.

quote:
If Patchou put the sound library directory to the C:/Documents and Settings/All Users...  the tooltip would make more sense.
The files are stored in there but the location of where the files are saved doesn't matter in this case. What matters is where the IDs are stored in the registry (which is under HKCU (not HKLM) and either under GlobalSettings for shared lists or your_email for private lists)

This post was edited on 02-07-2007 at 06:11 PM by CookieRevised.
02-07-2007 06:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: