What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Cannot access Microsoft Update after installing updates and restarting

Cannot access Microsoft Update after installing updates and restarting
Author: Message:
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cannot access Microsoft Update after installing updates and restarting
As some of you may know, I was forced to do a repair install of Windows XP (home), and, as you might also know, a repair install uninstalls all updates so you have to get them again. Today I installed 63 security updates and hotfixes at the same time and now I can't access the Microsoft Update site any more (when it should normally scan for updates I get a error with the id 0x800A0046). First I thought it was because of IE7, so I restored the system to before the updates (and then I could access the site fine) and installed all updates but IE7, but the problem remains.
By googling I found some suggestion, but I couldn't get them to work (most seem to be made for pro or something, because they were talking about certain options I don't have where the sites say I should). I could of course restore to the point before the updates again (I made a restore point before I began updating) and then install them one at a time to see which one is causing it, but I thought I would ask you guys for some advice as well. And in case anyone wonders, I have full admin rights.
[Image: signature.php]
02-08-2007 09:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Cannot access Microsoft Update after installing updates and restarting
I had a problem once before. I forget what the problem was, but I e-mailed tech support at M$, and they fixed it for me after 2-3 days i think. support for update is free.
02-08-2007 01:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Cannot access Microsoft Update after installing updates and restarting
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
I had a problem once before. I forget what the problem was, but I e-mailed tech support at M$, and they fixed it for me after 2-3 days i think. support for update is free.

I'll send them a mail, then :) Thanks for the tip.
[Image: signature.php]
02-08-2007 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: