What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Some useless values in trans. file

Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Some useless values in trans. file
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Some useless values in trans. file
Tranlation Guidelines file is not up to date anymore. It is for Plus! 3 and some parts are not supported by Plus! Live. I couldn't check the translation for Update is available now window.
Also when I am translating I saw a line about Emotion Sounds like that |Custom Sounds - Upload Sound|. When does this line appear and in which window?
Will any new Guideline be made for Plus! Live?

This post was edited on 03-13-2007 at 07:29 PM by ahmetgns.
02-08-2007 10:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Check Update available window, how?
The guideliens have not been updated because all the current translators seem to be famliar enough with the system.

The only way to force the apparition of the update window is to install an older version of Plus! Live and type /checkupdates in a chat window.

The upload sound window appears when you send a newly made emotion sound to a contact or when you click "update server" in the sound info window.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-13-2007 03:59 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Check Update available window, how?
I have seen Sound Upload text  when Updating Server for a sound in Messenger Plus! 3.63 while walking around Windows Messenger however now I have checked again WLM8.1 and Msg Plus! Live 4.11 there is not such a line because there is no bar on the Sound Upload window. Whatever...
02-19-2007 12:41 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Check Update available window, how?
I just checked and yes, you are right, theres a couple of values, including this one, that have nothing to do in the latest version. Thank you for pointing this out.
02-20-2007 06:30 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Check Update available window, how?
Patchou, this is an old thread but I hope you use e-mail notifications and see this late post. I wonder where this value in langauge file appear when using the program. Or is this another useless value?

EncryptChangeWarning=Messenger Plus! Live comes with a brand new, more secure, encryption mechanism for your chat logs. Encryption is currently disabled but can be enabled again in the Preferences panel with a new password.
03-05-2007 08:40 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The values talked about in the Translation Documentation are ALL for Messenger Plus! 3.

Messenger Plus! 4 uses a total different menu system and the directions given in the Translation Documentation for those values are not compatible with Plus! 4.

However, everything else in the Translation Documentation is still very valid for Messenger Plus! 4. The documentation is mostly about guidelines to make a proper decent translation. The directions to produce a certain window in Plus! itself to check your values is only a reference (which is thus actually not the important part of the documentation) and should be used as a possible reference for Messenger Plus! 3, not for Messenger Plus! 4.

Everything you see in Messenger Plus! 4 translation files is not useless at all. They all have their usage.

You should not use the Translation Documentation as a guideline to reproduce certain windows and lines for Messenger Plus! 4. That is not what the documentation is about...

As such Patchou didn't said those values are useless, he said those values only exist in Messenger Plus! 3, not in Messenger Plus! 4.

Again, the values listed in the documentation are for Messenger Plus! 3, not for Messenger Plus! 4. Moreover, certain values from Messenger Plus! 3 which also still exist in Messenger Plus! 4 will be used in a different way and/or shown in different cases. Again, this makes that you should not use the references to values in the Translation Documentation for Messenger Plus! 4.

The only thing valid (and mostly important) in the Translation Documentation in regards to Messenger Plus! 4 are the translation guidelines themselfs.

This post was edited on 03-06-2007 at 01:19 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-06-2007 01:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
cookie, I think you personally enjoy writing long posts. Patchou has already said that the Guidelines will not be updated. Also I know Plus! 4 is completely different and didn't try to reproduce those windows with the guides in the documentation. Do you know when that value appear in Plus! 4 "EncyrptOldWarning". I just wonder it!

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Everything you see in Messenger Plus! 4 translation files is not useless at all. They all have their usage.
As Patchou said there were useless lines for Upload Sound and a bit more. So I have wondered if this value is an also useless one.
03-06-2007 03:59 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Some useless values in trans. file
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
As Patchou said there were useless lines for Upload Sound and a bit more. So I have wondered if this value is an also useless one.
You are confussing things, hence my long post to try and make it clear that stuff in Messenger Plus! Live translation files are not useless.

Also, the stuff in the documentation is NOT for Plus! Live.

Although you say you know this, you were talking about Messenger Plus! Live translation values in this post and again in this post and were comparing them against the documentation.

Patchou did not say they were useless. He said that Plus!4 has changed a lot and that the documentation does not reflect those changes since it was made for Messenger Plus! 3. He didn't spoke of 'useless' at all..

Not all values from Messenger Plus! 3 are in Messenger Plus! 4 and vice versa.

This post was edited on 03-06-2007 at 04:31 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-06-2007 04:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Translation Guidelines is not up to date|Some useless values in trans. file
"EncryptChangeWarning" is used sometimes when Messenger Plus! is updated from 3 to 4.
03-06-2007 07:21 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: