What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Answering Machine Plus 2.60 Question!

Answering Machine Plus 2.60 Question!
Author: Message:
dave_nine

O.P. Answering Machine Plus 2.60 Question!
Howdy,

Firstly I have to say that this script is awesome... I've just been using it for a few days and it works really well. 

Just some background, I only have one answer setup:
Name: not here
Receive: .*
Answer: I'm afk, be back in a bit|Sorry, still away, be back soon|Guess I'm not here, I'll talk to you later
Type: RegExp
Who: Contact
Reply When: (all selected)
Flags: (none selected)

I was hoping that someone familiar with this script could answer 2 questions for me:

1) I use the multiple accounts feature in MPL; 1 account for work contacts and 1 account for friends.  When I'm working I only want my friends to receive the Answering Machine messages, right now if I have the script enabled anyone that sends me a message receives my auto response.   Is there a way to specify which msn account uses a particular script?

2) My setup works great if someone messages me 3 times sequentially, they get my 3 intended answers in the correct order, but if there are 2 people involved it gets complicated;  If person #1 messages me and receives response #1 (I'm afk....) then person #2 messages me (in a separate conversation window) they receive response #2 (Sorry, still away...) instead of response #1.  Has anyone else experienced this and/or aware of a workaround?

I guess I might be using the application for something it was not intended to do... I was thinking of just buckling down, learn how to script and write one myself but I'm pretty lousy at scripting and this one works so great already.  If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Dave

This post was edited on 06-13-2007 at 04:04 AM by dave_nine.
06-13-2007 04:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
scott2010_h

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Answering Machine Plus 2.60 Question!
You might try using the Personalized Status function include in MP!L.
Plus Preferences >>> Customize >>> Personalized Status

Use "#" for multiple messages
Example for multiple messages:
   This is the first message!
   #2nd!
   #and the 3rd

Hope this helps :)

This post was edited on 06-13-2007 at 04:33 AM by scott2010_h.
06-13-2007 04:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: