What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » contactsay help

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
contactsay help
Author: Message:
chrisw

O.P. contactsay help
I just installed contactsay and now whenever I type it still says it as my contact is speaking and not me. I tried un installing it, however it still says my contact is talking rather then myself. Help plz.
02-11-2007 12:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
RE: contactsay help
quote:
Originally posted by chrisw
I just installed contactsay and now whenever I type it still says it as my contact is speaking and not me. I tried un installing it, however it still says my contact is talking rather then myself. Help plz.

ERRRR...

maybe try changing your msn name.

edit: disable the script. Plus! > Preferences > Scripts > ContactSay : uncheck the box beside and press OK. (if already did then there is a problem.)

This post was edited on 02-11-2007 at 12:38 AM by roflmao456.
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
02-11-2007 12:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lowlifelunatic

57 / Male / –
Shocked  RE: contactsay help
im having the sme problem, it used to work fine but stopped working since i updated my msn and plus to the latest versions...
02-14-2007 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lowlifelunatic
msn and plus
MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! 3 OR Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live?

quote:
WAIT...isn't that the point of the script?

This post was edited on 02-14-2007 at 02:13 AM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6555 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes, 51 seconds ago.

02-14-2007 02:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: contactsay help
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
WAIT...isn't that the point of the script?

I think you'll need to use a /command to use ContactSay, it shouldn't apply automatically to every message.
02-14-2007 06:26 AM
Wally

Thanks Vax <3

– / Male / Flag
what contact say is suppose to do is use your contacts name for one message  and return your old one right after that message is sent, iv had this same problem what chris is trying to say is that as he types /contactsay (and his message) it will change his nickname to the contacts without returning it to his old one.   

when i first used contact say it never had this problem i think it happened when i installed the new WLM but i'm not really sure :undecided:
Careful don't summon the fail whale.
02-14-2007 08:48 AM
lowlifelunatic

57 / Male / –
mine is again working fine after removing msn 8.1, then re-installed 8.0 msn and all is working fine again... i just wont be upgrading again for awhile :D

time for sum fun again ;)
02-14-2007 01:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
supadigital

46 / Male / –
Just remove the script, restart messenger and change your name.
Fixed
02-24-2007 01:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: contactsay help
quote:
quote:
msn and plus
MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! 3 OR Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live?

err, no scripts in plus! 3...

learn...

* Supersonicdarky runs
02-24-2007 01:38 AM
supadigital

46 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: contactsay help
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
quote:
quote:
msn and plus

err, no scripts in plus! 3...

learn...

* Supersonicdarky runs

err, learn... what? I am sorry for resurrecting an old post, but there was no clear answer. Your post confuses things. Could you please explain further or elaborate? I am running scripts in Messenger Plus! Ver. 4.11.0.245 (with your name on it) installed on the latest version of Windows Live Messenger ver. 8.1. All have worked fine so far, except for /Contactsay. A great script by the way, it just does not work with the latest Version of Messenger it would seem. So Messenger Plus! Ver. 3.X does not have scripting? I could goto the Change Log and find out that...

Messenger Plus! Live 4.00.234 (24/06/2006)

The old plugins interface from Plus! 3 has been replaced with a brand new scripting interface. The scripting engine makes it easier for everybody to write their own add-ons (providing you know JScript, documentation is provided).

But I came to the forums to search for an answer to my question because it contains a history of questions and answers. So if there is no scripting in Ver. 3.x there is no problem because the /contactsay script could not have been installed. Typo maybe? but the question contained OR...

My question was: How do I get Windows Live Messenger 8.1 with  Plus! Live ver. 4.11.0.254 to stop using the /contactsay script.  It is not allowing me to stop using other peoples names. (This by the way makes some people angry when you keep using their name to post, and makes yourself feel dumb for not knowing how to stop it)

The answer is: the /contactsay script can be removed by opening the Plus! dropdown menu, then selecting Preferences. Select the General Tab at the top left, then select scripts on the bottom left, select the /contactsay script, hit the remove button, select OK, then shut down Windows Live Messenger, open it back up and change your name to whatever witty thing you have come up with for today.

Maybe there is a way to turn it off without removing it, I have searched and tried, but found nothing so far. If anyone knows how to disable it please let us all know. The disable button did not work for me, it just kept using the last persons name I used /contactsay on. No matter if I shut WLM down and restarted it or even rebooted.

Thanks to all the previous posters who pointed me in the right direction to solve this annoying problem. 
Almost every question you could ever think of has already been asked, I love to be able to search for the answer to my question.

This post was edited on 02-25-2007 at 10:38 PM by supadigital.
02-25-2007 10:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: