What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Browsers

Browsers
Author: Message:
Hybrid

Borderline Insane

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Browsers
I just have a few questions currently I use Fire Fox and since the IE7 update I've been curious if I should switch back or completely move to Opera. Any suggestions? I'm mainly concerned with internet saftey.
[Image: SIGNATURE.jpg]
Let's roll kids, we're gonna party like the amish.
02-13-2007 09:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Browsers
Firefox and Opera are both safe, just choose the one you like.
[Image: 1-0.png]

02-13-2007 09:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid
I just have a few questions currently I use Fire Fox and since the IE7 update I've been curious if I should switch back or completely move to Opera. Any suggestions? I'm mainly concerned with internet saftey.

aslong as you use a  good Antivirus program an firewall you should be right, but IMO i think firefox Rulez , but im not saying opera isnt just as good either. IE7 maybe illegal - Read This, interesting read
02-13-2007 09:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
To be honest, one thing Im missing in IE7 (that firefox has) is the possibility to only write, for example, "msgpluslive" and the brownser automaticly (sorry if it's wrong speled) open the page (in case, of the msgpluslive.net).
In IE7 if you put just a word, it opens a list of search (in google or other search engine selected)...

If enyone know how to do it in IE7, please, tell me... I have search but nothing...
02-13-2007 12:01 PM
Wally

Thanks Vax <3

– / Male / Flag
Man i reckon just stick with Firefox as your default browser and use IE just in case something doesn't work with Firefox... and also it doesn't really matter if you use Opera or Firefox there both equally good but IMO Firefox is the best :)

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 01:02 PM by Wally.
Careful don't summon the fail whale.
02-13-2007 12:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
To be honest, one thing Im missing in IE7 (that firefox has) is the possibility to only write, for example, "msgpluslive" and the brownser automaticly (sorry if it's wrong speled) open the page (in case, of the msgpluslive.net).
In IE7 if you put just a word, it opens a list of search (in google or other search engine selected)...

If enyone know how to do it in IE7, please, tell me... I have search but nothing...

Seeing as this is a feature of Google itself, not of Firefox, this is easy to add to IE7.
+Go to the search provider list (Click the arrow on the search bar > Find more providers).
+You should see a huge bright outstanding yellow area entitled "Create your own".
+Enter the following search url into the first box (step 3): http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&btnI=Feeling+Lucky&q=TEST
+Enter a title into the second box (e.g. Google)
+Click Install and check "Make this my default search provider" in the window that pops up.
02-13-2007 12:25 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
Thanks Eljay!!! It worked...

In conclusion:
Firefox is safer than IE7
But IE7 is good too (as I'm seeing)
02-13-2007 12:53 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Firefox has little things that I love. However so does Opera. I find myself switching between these browsers all the time because there is something one has which the other does not. I personally believe Opera is the best, but I'm currently using Firefox, there is just something about it which makes using it easier :).
02-13-2007 02:23 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
To be honest, browser wars are quite stupid, its all about what you feel confortable using.

If you switch to Opera, you'll probably find it really confusing. I've tried switching to Firefox, but there is a different way of doing things in Firefox to Opera and I didn't like it, so I switched back to Opera.

(and i'm talking about really small things, like the tabs auto-sizing to however large the title of the page is, which doesn't happen in Firefox)
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
02-13-2007 02:42 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: