What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Vista 7.1 surround sound works, but not in WMP/WMC any ideas

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Vista 7.1 surround sound works, but not in WMP/WMC any ideas
Author: Message:
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Vista 7.1 surround sound works, but not in WMP/WMC any ideas
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
so i got realtek drivers for vista x64 and now system correctly identifies i have 7.1 and testing speakers confirms they all work.

Yet Media Player/Media Center both refuse to play in 7.1 instead its only front stereo :S

any ideas?

Microsoft have cut-out Directsound Hardware Acelleration and Mixing from Vista (i hate for this!!! :@ ).
Without Directsound HW, the soundcard can't upmix to 5.1 or 7.1... and the 95% of game is only stereo.
For winamp, temporaly solution is Kernel Streaming Out, with this, we get 5.1 sound.You can  Try this drivers: http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1163
PS: Leave in stereo the configuration of sound in the Control Panel of Windows Vista and directly seting its loudspeakers from the Control Panel of Realtek.
Vista Sound Control Panel = 2 speakers, stereo
Realtek Sound Control Panel = 6 speakers (or your configuration speakers).
However Using this method, setting vista to 2 ch and realtek to 6 ch only has the effect of mirroring the 2 rear channels with the front. it does not output true surround sounds. Its effectively creating 4 front channel speakers, + a center which im not sure what it outputs. i guess its a temporary fix for the meantime unitll vista is fully supported.If you have high definition audio driver Open Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Under the main tab for Speakers, then smaller tab Configuration, there is a checkbox called "Speaker Fill" on the bottom. Check it.
Now everything should work fine.However all this solutions are temponary try winamp or install the above linked driver to get 5.1 or 7.1.Now is only solution...we have to wait for new Driver...I hope to have been Useful...Greetings

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 09:09 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
02-13-2007 09:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Vista 7.1 surround sound works, but not in WMP/WMC any ideas
wow informative, i have spent a bit of time around planetamd64 recently too thanks to them i got my belkin wireless reciever working :P
02-13-2007 10:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: