What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » how to convert encrypted log files?! :'(

how to convert encrypted log files?! :'(
Author: Message:
helgrind

O.P. how to convert encrypted log files?! :'(
I have a "problem" and if anyone knows how to help me, please respond quickly, because I'm desperate.

I used encryption to keep my chat log files safe and I still know the password, that's not the problem.
My problem is, that I would like to decrypt these files, put them into a normal form, one which does not require password every time I want to read those files. I know how to do this for the new files, it's easy, but for the existing ones?! Please tell me there's a way :)

Thanks in advance!
06-16-2008 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: how to convert encrypted log files?! :'(
Did you searched the forum first? This was asked before several times though.

Anyways, you can use Messenger Plus!'s Log Viewer tool (LOG VIEWER.EXE) which exists in your Messenger Plus! installation directory.

This tool can also be used from the command line and can show log files (obviously), but can also re-encrypt and decrypt.

Use the parameter /? on the command line to get some help and see the available commands and uses.

eg:
1) Start > Run > cmd
2) C:\>"log viewer" /?
note the quotes, they are needed because of the space in the file name

--

Of course, doing this log by log takes a long time. And it becomes even more troublesome if you also want to decrypt all the logs in the subdirectories from the log directory.

For this purpose I've created a couple of batch files which automate this process: see "CookieRevised's reply to About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)".

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-17-2008 03:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
helgrind

O.P. RE: RE: how to convert encrypted log files?! :'(
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Did you searched the forum first? This was asked before several times though.

Anyways, you can use Messenger Plus!'s Log Viewer tool (LOG VIEWER.EXE) which exists in your Messenger Plus! installation directory.

This tool can also be used from the command line and can show log files (obviously), but can also re-encrypt and decrypt.

Use the parameter /? on the command line to get some help and see the available commands and uses.

eg:
1) Start > Run > cmd
2) C:\>"log viewer" /?
note the quotes, they are needed because of the space in the file name

--

Of course, doing this log by log takes a long time. And it becomes even more troublesome if you also want to decrypt all the logs in the subdirectories from the log directory.

For this purpose I've created a couple of batch files which automate this process: see "CookieRevised's reply to About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)".

;)

This is great! It helped me a lot! Thank you so much! :)
06-17-2008 05:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: