What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » RPG Bot?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
RPG Bot?
Author: Message:
BstrdSmkr

Earned. Never Given.

38 / Male / –
RE: RPG Bot?
ahh, didnt' occour to me that way, MUD style :D i'd be willing to help with a making a client to play w/ contacts over messenger, in fact i wrote a 3.5 treasure roller some time back lol, but muds are too much work lol
12-30-2006 04:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DigitalRPG

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RPG Bot?
Thats basically what I meant but the GM [Game master(me)] would have a little control over it? Like it wouldnt really bew all the person choosing it, I would get to choose like monsters to attack and such, normal encounters, surrounded, etc? I tried to use the scripting documents but it got confusing and I couldn't find good documents teaching Jscript.
02-07-2007 06:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RPG Bot?
I think this could be quite possible if the script is running on your end and users open a conversation with you to play, but you would really need a database (preferrably a proper database as opposed to some form of flat-file database) to store players' statuses ie. their location, items, level, etc. and it would probably be useful if each location in your game was also stored in a database ie. ID, Location Name, MessageWhenUserArrivesAtLocation, IDOfOtherLocationsUserCanTravelToFromThisLocation.

If you use a mostly database-dependent approach (where all game data is stored in a database) which I think is the key to any MUD-style game as it allows easy editing and building upon, then it shouldn't be too difficult once youve figured out how to connect and query a database from within a Plus Script. But be warned before you begin that something like this (regardless of your approach) will require many hours of scripting/coding.

This post was edited on 02-07-2007 at 02:59 PM by Volv.
02-07-2007 02:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DigitalRPG

31 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RPG Bot?
How would I get or make a database?
02-19-2007 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version