What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Gradient Text

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Gradient Text
Author: Message:
willas00

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Gradient Text
is that other 1 not avaliable any more
02-17-2007 12:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Gradient Text
its not available due to:
  • it isnt compatible with Stuff Plug 3
  • development has stopped

our script can be on for certain contacts and you can also do different colours for each contact if you want.

also simplicity is not always the best option ;)
02-17-2007 12:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
willas00

– / Male / –
ok im using that now

whats the IRC stuff about?

This post was edited on 02-17-2007 at 01:07 AM by willas00.
02-17-2007 01:05 AM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
If you would like to suggest some ideas to make our script simplier and easier to use then please feel free to contact us.  You can either reply right here, in the thread about the script (see my signature for the link) or by email (you can find NanaFreak's and me email addresses in our profiles).  We would love to help make our script more appealing for everyone.  The reason why we have it the way we do at the moment is to allow for as many different possibilities as possible.  I do realise by doing so it has become a little harder to use, but there is more customizability (something I feel very strongly about).

There are problems with the other scripts that we have rectified in ours, these include:
  • groups/individual colours so as not to annoy people who do not have messenger plus! and therefore cannot see the colours but can only see the colour codes
  • more customizability of the colours used (with easy to use and common colour choosing interfaces)
  • allowing for !commands (in an update to be released soon)
  • can have other formatting (bolding, italics, strike-through and underline)
  • colouring for MP! 3.xx contacts (as there is a new system of colour codes in MP!L but it still allows for the old ones too)

If there is something you would like then just ask please, it will be my pleasure to try and do it for you as I'm sure there are others that haven't asked.

EDIT: The IRC stuff is for your contacts that only have Messenger Plus! 3.xx so as they can see the colouring and formatting.

This post was edited on 02-17-2007 at 01:10 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
02-17-2007 01:09 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by willas00
ok im using that now

whats the IRC stuff about?
the IRC stuff is for if you have contacts with Messenger Plus! 3.xx ;)
02-17-2007 01:10 AM
willas00

– / Male / –
Well to make the script easier i would do an extra section so that you could just chose your text and apply it to all conacts or allow you to be able to select ALL contacts from your conacts list because if you want to apply it for all of your conacts it takes age when you have so many like me....
02-17-2007 12:24 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Well to make the script easier i would do an extra section so that you could just chose your text and apply it to all conacts or allow you to be able to select ALL contacts from your conacts list because if you want to apply it for all of your conacts it takes age when you have so many like me....
Thanks, I'll look into a multi-selection for it so that you can use ctrl and shift to be able to select multiple.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience (and I can't remember my reasoning for not doing it from the beginning).
02-17-2007 01:06 PM
willas00

– / Male / –
thanks would make it easier for thoes who just want to select all conacts like me
02-17-2007 02:02 PM
willas00

– / Male / –
this script has a bug in it or something is wrong ive added all my contacts now if i go to add more it crashes my MSN
02-21-2007 10:04 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
this script has a bug in it or something is wrong ive added all my contacts now if i go to add more it crashes my MSN
You sure it is this script?  I cannot see any reason and have not come across any problem either.  Just to test it, try turning this script (and only this script) off (uncheck in the scripts tab) and try adding a contact again.  I hope it was only a coincidence and not my script's fault.
02-21-2007 10:32 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: