What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » History?

History?
Author: Message:
nerdbomb

O.P. History?
Hi, newbie here so bear with me =). I installed Messenger Plus! Live on top of my old windows live messenger installation. Now, I've always had chat windows display my previous conversation for me. However it doesn't seem like Messenger Plus live have that function so I end up having to save two different chat logs (one by Windows Live through options>tools>etc etc for displaying previous convo and one encrypted one from Plus Live because I want the encryption), but since the windows live chat log isn't encrypted it defeats the whole point of having any kind of encryption at all. Can anyone help me with getting encrypted chat logs while still being able to display previous chat history? Thank you.
02-18-2007 06:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: History?
Well, if you want it to display your previous chat logs when a conversation is opened, wont anyone be able to see them anyways? What you can do is right click the folder you chose and hide it and still have the previous chat shown.

I don't believe we currently have the option to show previous chats on Plus!, sorry.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
02-18-2007 08:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: History?
quote:
Originally posted by nerdbomb
Hi, newbie here so bear with me =). I installed Messenger Plus! Live on top of my old windows live messenger installation. Now, I've always had chat windows display my previous conversation for me. However it doesn't seem like Messenger Plus live have that function so I end up having to save two different chat logs (one by Windows Live through options>tools>etc etc for displaying previous convo and one encrypted one from Plus Live because I want the encryption), but since the windows live chat log isn't encrypted it defeats the whole point of having any kind of encryption at all. Can anyone help me with getting encrypted chat logs while still being able to display previous chat history? Thank you.

Messenger Plus! itself has never had a option to display your last conversation in a new chat windows as far as I know to which that has always been a MSN/Windows Live Messenger option, therefore what q25 has mentioned in hiding the folder is the best option.

Reason being...Messenger Plus! is not a new messenger client, it's an add-on which just adds certain features.

Perhaps to make the concept easier think of it like this, it's like having a Holden (Vauxhall, Pontiac, etc.) Commodore (or Pontiac G8) and just adding a few turbos, a rear spoiler and a GPS system to it. It's still the same Commodore, but just has a few extra things.

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 07:59 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
02-18-2007 09:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nerdbomb

O.P. RE: History?
Ahh ok thanks for the replies. Well yes people would be able to see them but at least I'm around and can take appropriate measures, I'm just afraid of some random person snooping around. But thanks for helping out, time to find an encryption program!
02-20-2007 11:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: