What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Members behaviour towards new people!

Pages: (10): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Members behaviour towards new people!
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Members behaviour towards new people!
I was just reading a thread that was posted on all forums because obviously the poster didn't know where it would fit. Now that isn't good but what i find worst of all is that this person instantly recieves negs for it! None of the ones giving these negs even replied to the guy telling him where the thread should go!!!

Person i'm on about: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/reputation.php?uid=64810
I just read what was put inthere and tbh it's appauling! What has this guy done to be yelled at this much?! Did he yell at you? Did he tell you to" [quoted]die[/quoted]? He came asking for help!

What ever happend to beeing friendly?
In general: All too often new people get responces like "search!"(with or withouth other bad word to accompany that). Why can't you search for them? They are new, give them a break! You are the helper, behave like one! *holds back swearword*

It's this kind of behaviour that gives a forum a bad name!

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 12:40 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-21-2007 12:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Members behaviour towards new people!
imo, its s spambot and not a member [Image: msn_tongue.gif] (or atleast someone who registered to spam)
02-21-2007 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
totally agree with you Sun, its prolly why DZ hasn't bothered to upgrade the forum due to this , but i think its an arguement where maybe we should try disabling the rep system an see if things improve, i cant see what the harm is in doing that

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 12:43 PM by Hank.
02-21-2007 12:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Exactly Sunshine, I was ashamed that we have members that act like this.  At least give the guy some advice, a nudge in the right direction is far better then being told you are stupid and we're going to make you look bad.  What is this forum's primary reason? I thought it was to help people with MP!L but apparently people seem to think it is just a place to let out your anger on your unsuspecting prey or to laugh and joke around with friends.  I know we volunteer our time but it is not like the people are being abusive to us, they are just looking for answers.

Btw, I think the one that posted in every forum is actually a good idea and I will be writing a script for it because I'm here to help!
[Image: markee.png]
02-21-2007 12:44 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Members behaviour towards new people!
Supersonicdarky: you can't see wether it is a bot or not! Why would you rep if it's a bot? Not like bots read those now do they? There is nothin justifying this behaviour.

HSV: i don't think the rep system is at fault here, if anything i believe those who abuse that system should be punished (repping bannage or complete bannage when theres calling names etc involved).

markee: Thanks, i answered the guy but since you are writing a script for it thats where his thread belongs for now (i deleted my reply)  ;)

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 12:58 PM by Sunshine.
02-21-2007 12:58 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
It has been seen on these forums numerous times where people have seemed bad at first appearance because they are "n00bs", but when they have got used to it and got into the "crowd" that seems to be here they are great members with reputations through the roof *-) So i agree with Sunshine completely.
02-21-2007 01:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Oh, somebody else finally realized this.. There's still some hope for this forum then

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 01:32 PM by Jhrono.
02-21-2007 01:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Members behaviour towards new people!
quote:
Originally posted by Jhrono
Oh, somebody else finally realized this.. There's still some hope for this forum then
It's sad that a ranting thread has to be made before people even realise their behaviour is way off.

Now i could have gone to report all them negs...yet i haven't..why? It won't solve anything, i want people to take a look at their own behaviour and see it for themselves so it won't happen again (hopefully).

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 01:38 PM by Sunshine.
02-21-2007 01:38 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Yes Sunshine, sometimes new members are being "knocked off" for asking questions. And yes, it shouldn't be that way, but honestly, lately there has been many threads placed wrong, with poor english, in some cases impossible to read. The forum should be more "gentle", but you can't expect everyone to have the same patient as you.

But as I said, yes the forum should be more "gentle" against new members.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-21-2007 01:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
Well, you cant really tell if it is a bot or not, But People should be given a second chance. Instead of negging them, just report the post  or send the person a PM and get on with life. IMO.

Thing that makes me laugh is that when you posted this thread, ebfl changed his neg to a pos...

02-21-2007 01:55 PM
Pages: (10): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: