What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » This is bothering me.

This is bothering me.
Author: Message:
superjugy

I'm MegaMan Master, see my website!!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Sad  This is bothering me.
I know that Patchou disabled the feature that you could overwrite your contacts name with other one because messenger itself put this feature, the problem is that patchou's feature was better cause you could still see the original nickname and still know who was the contact. but meh i got used too that, but here is the second part. I always wanted to know when someone disconnects so i use the personalized MP!L feature to tell me thatwith a pop up. but sorprise, the new contact name that i used in WLM doenst appear in the pop up, the pop up shows the original nickname, so i dont know who disconnected unless i recognize the nick but if the person changed the nick i wont know cause WLM shows me the overwritten nick. so that bothers me. either return the feature of changing the name without loosing the original nick, or make it so that Plus can recognize the nick i overwrote in WLM. (i would prefer the first option)

I know this software is free and that i have no right no demand things but i would really like to see if something can be done about this.

thanks you.
02-23-2007 01:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: This is bothering me.
Plus! cannot currently get the user-set WLM nicknames. Once it can it will most likely be implemented into Plus! very quickly, as many people have been requesting this :)
02-23-2007 02:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
You might want to read MenthiX's reply to missing features. He explains why this feature was not added.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
02-23-2007 02:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by superjugy
I know that Patchou disabled the feature that you could overwrite your contacts name with other one because messenger itself put this feature
just a note: it is not disabled, as Plus! live was rewritten from scratch it is simply not coded :P
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-23-2007 02:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
superjugy

I'm MegaMan Master, see my website!!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: This is bothering me.
I know the reason, it is because wlm already had this feature but less powerfull. and i know it wasnt encoded it was just a saying. so i guess i'll wait.
02-23-2007 04:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: