What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Why does this happen?

Why does this happen?
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Why does this happen?
I am on a Router with my Dad and Sister and their internet connections work fine all the time, but strangely mine just stops working, it remains connected but nothing works atall which is VERY aggrivating and gettin to my last nerve! :@
03-01-2007 12:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Why does this happen?
Have you checked for spywares and mal wares or viruses?
In case it works abit and stops another time but you are still connected, then i recommend fixing your win socks using this

quote:
Originally posted by WinSockFix description

WinSockFix will offer a last resort if your Internet connection is corrupted due to removed or invalid registry entries.

It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up; and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try.

It can create a registry backup of your current settings, so it is fairly safe to use.

Note: Be sure to read the "Info" before running this software.

Also make sure there is no firewall preventing you from using the internet.
03-08-2007 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
I am on a Router with my Dad and Sister and their internet connections work fine all the time, but strangely mine just stops working, it remains connected but nothing works atall which is VERY aggrivating and gettin to my last nerve! :@
this indeed happens from time to time with me too. There is no explanation for it, it simply seems that the connection "times out". Mostly happens after a long while of inactivity (inactivity as in I'm not doing anything on the PC, but that doesn't mean the PC is not using the net though (eg: IRC))

It certainly doesn't have anything todo with malware, firewalls or whatever, at least here.

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 11:53 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 11:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It certainly doesn't have anything todo with malware, firewalls or whatever, at least here.
I had once my socks messed up. I could perfectly connect, a page or 3 work but then it stops then after several attempts it works again then it stops.

Im not sure if this is his case.. however he can clarify it more.
03-08-2007 12:01 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Why does this happen?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
this indeed happens from time to time with me too. There is no explanation for it, it simply seems that the connection "times out". Mostly happens after a long while of inactivity (inactivity as in I'm not doing anything on the PC, but that doesn't mean the PC is not using the net though (eg: IRC))

Hmm thanks cookie but this usually happens when im browsing around, or something :( so i lose Windows Live Messenger and all the Gaming Lobies im in :(
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-08-2007 02:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
sounds like what zaher1988 meant with the socks then, or something... Can't help you with that though, sorry...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 03:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
i get the same thing with my conceptronic router.
i always time out from time to time from games, wlm and p2p tranfers :(
03-08-2007 05:53 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: