What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Remove the script icon from the contact list

Suggestion: Remove the script icon from the contact list
Author: Message:
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.20 has been released
quote:
Originally posted by Changelog
A new icon has been added in the contact list and the chat windows to access the scripts' menus.
I hereby request an option to remove this shortcut, for instance with at check box in the script settings, see attachment. There might even be an option to enable it in the conversation but not in the contact list, and vice versa.

Edit: PS! If this post should be in another forum, any moderator feel free to move it.

.jpg File Attachment: scripts.jpg (81.9 KB)
This file has been downloaded 289 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-02-2007 at 04:50 PM by einum.
03-02-2007 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.20 has been released
After I posted the request I realized that there already is an option to enable/disable Plus shortcuts in the contact list. So it might be more natural to have the earlier described choice below the "Add Messenger Plus! buttons in the contact list", but with this requested option the users can choose to enable only one of them. See attachment.

.jpg File Attachment: main.jpg (71.59 KB)
This file has been downloaded 282 time(s).
03-02-2007 05:15 PM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
O.P. Suggestion: Remove the script icon from the contact list
I already posted this in the Announcement threaad for Plus! 4.20, but this forum might be at better place.

Read the suggestion in the original post http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72...d=794654#pid794654 + the following post.

I think there is already enough buttons/icons on the top of the contact list. I don't have the contact list maximized, so to show all the icons the list have to be a lot wider than necessary. What du you think?
03-03-2007 08:00 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: Remove the script icon from the contact list
I think the script menus were good in the standard Plus! button, but the Script Preferences and Show Script Debugging items are nice *-)
03-03-2007 08:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Suggestion: Remove the script icon from the contact list
For those who prefer to keep the icon there, my suggestion allows you to do so if you check both the box already present and the new I've drawn in main.jpg
03-03-2007 08:10 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Well, I persoanlly think Patchou should let the users decided which ones to show, if not any at all.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
03-03-2007 08:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I like the new scripting button, so I think a option would be best, wither enabled(show the button) disabled(don't)

I guess disabled would have to make it revert to the old way(with the scripts being a sub menu in the plus! button)
[Image: jumbled.png]
03-04-2007 03:33 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
We had this debate during testing. However it was for the button in the conversation windows. I personally believe having the button on the contact list is a great idea and more people will start using scripts :).
03-04-2007 03:36 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by einum
I already posted this in the Announcement threaad for Plus! 4.20, but this forum might be at better place.

Read the suggestion in the original post http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72...d=794654#pid794654 + the following post.

I think there is already enough buttons/icons on the top of the contact list. I don't have the contact list maximized, so to show all the icons the list have to be a lot wider than necessary. What du you think?
I think the button is a great addition. However, I can see where you are coming from regarding the lack of space. I also never maximize the contact list, but I solved this problem by using A-Patch to clean up the buttons and as a result, I have only 4 buttons remaining there.

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I like the new scripting button, so I think a option would be best, wither enabled(show the button) disabled(don't)

I guess disabled would have to make it revert to the old way(with the scripts being a sub menu in the plus! button)
I agree with that, it should be an option. But I do want to add something to your idea. (if it's not what you meant in your post)
If it would be an option to revert back to the old way, it should be the new (4.20) menu (with the script preferences etc on it), but instead of an additional button, it should be one seperate "Scripts" submenu in the Plus! menu instead of a submenu for each script to keep things organised. Like this:
Plus! button on contactlist> Emails
                                      Lock Messenger
                                      Contact Manager
                                      etc
                                      Scripts                   >The new script menu
                                                                    With all scripts
                                                                    as submenus

I hope this makes it a bit clear...

This post was edited on 03-04-2007 at 03:58 PM by Jesus.
03-04-2007 03:56 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I may add such an option in a future version :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-05-2007 01:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: