What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [idea] Ultimate Scripts Plus!

[idea] Ultimate Scripts Plus!
Author: Message:
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
O.P. [idea] Ultimate Scripts Plus!
Is it possible to have the 5 best scripts as voted by the community put in to one script and call it Ultimate Scripts Plus!

This is just to ask if it's possible to put multiple scripts in to one script?

then instead of having a whole huge list of scripts you had it as one and organized neatly

This post was edited on 03-05-2007 at 08:16 AM by High Speed Chaser.
If only I knew what I should put here
03-05-2007 08:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [idea] Ultimate Scripts Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
Is it possible to have the 5 best scripts as voted by the community put in to one script and call it Ultimate Scripts Plus!

its not a very good idea to do that... and just download the 5 best 8-)
03-05-2007 08:14 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
Yes but you'll need to edit many things. But the main problem would be of the Script Menu, which you can still overcome by making something like this
5 Best -> 1st Script ->
                2nd Script ->
                3rd Script ->
                4th Script ->
                5th Script ->
03-05-2007 09:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
This would be difficult to do because incorporating the functions would be no easy feat.  You may have multiple different methods being used for the same function, you will have multiple of the same function (like OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage) and then the different way the variables are defined.  There are probably more which I have overlooked.  It definitely wouldn't be an easy thing for someone to do, you are best just to get the 5.  What is the probem of installing 5 scripts anyway?  At least then you can turn off the ones you want as well.
[Image: markee.png]
03-05-2007 11:17 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I suppose it would also be a pain for the developers to maintain it.
[Image: signature.php]
03-05-2007 12:09 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Err.. what's wrong with the script database? :-/
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-05-2007 12:38 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Like others said, would be very hard to maintain, plus I don't see a real advantage. The fact that those 5 scripts are rated the best 5 doesn't mean at all that everyone wants all of those 5 scripts. For the same reason you can individually select which of the 9 winning scripts you want in 4.20. It gives users more freedom.

You can always check the top rated script in the Scripts DB :). And I always love to hear feedback and suggestion on how to make the Scripts DB in general better

This post was edited on 03-05-2007 at 02:14 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-05-2007 02:11 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Does this sound kind of simular to the UNeed script to anyone else?  Personally I find that script to be a bad mix of 4 different scripts.  It might be highly favoured by some people (it was one of the winning scripts....) but personally I cannot see the use in a script that has 4 totally different features just being put into the one script and also not being in the upper echelons of the scripting quality.  I think you will see after using that script why I am against this idea, on top of the reasons I outlined earlier.  I am not making an attack on the writer of the UNeed script by any means, I am just saying that I feel scripts like this are not needed when there are ones out there that work very well already that do exactly the same thing but are not packaged together.  I think it is better to use a small quality script rather than one that is a mis-match of many and missing quality.

If the scripts were similar in some way then I guess you might be able to group them, but this would also require the joint consent of the writers of those scripts as well.  I personally know that I would not allow any of my scripts to be part of such abomination because I disagree with it.

I do realise you had good intentions when writing about this topic, but I cannot see the usefulness and I am sorry if I seem harsh in the way that I am putting my view across.  If you have further justification behind why you think a script like this should even be attempted, please write it and let me know, I would be pleased to get a more rounded view of the topic at hand.
[Image: markee.png]
03-05-2007 03:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: