What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » My Chat Logs root - what am i doing wrong?

My Chat Logs root - what am i doing wrong?
Author: Message:
al2002

39 / Male / –
O.P. My Chat Logs root - what am i doing wrong?
This is probably covered ages ago but I couldn't find anything so here goes:

I dual boot between Vista and XP x64. I run WLM 8.1 with Plus! Live on Vista and MSN 7.5 with Plus 3.x (latest) on XP.

This is really the first time i've used WLM/Plus! Live, and something is bugging me - it's the chat logs folder. On XP, my chat logs for this month, March 07, would be saved in the root folder of "My Chat Logs". On Vista, with WLM, they're saved in a seperate folder called March 2007.

Is there any way I can change this back to the old Plus! method? If not, it'll mean everything is out of sync.

Cheers

Alex

Edit: I would use MSN 7.5 on Vista, and although it works, there's a problem where by it doesn't tell me the contacts name in a 'toast' box. Is this fixable? If so, I may go back to 7.5.

This post was edited on 03-05-2007 at 11:39 PM by al2002.
03-05-2007 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Cool Fruits

Help Me help YOU <_<

33 / Male / –
RE: My Chat Logs root - what am i doing wrong?
No need to go back to Old 7.5. You can change where they are getting saved in the preferences on WPL.
Log into vista and do that. Or what you can do is just place a shortcut on your desktop to the other folder on your desktop.
Here to help =)
03-06-2007 06:11 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cool Fruits
You can change where they are getting saved in the preferences on WPL.
You can find it here :). Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging

03-06-2007 10:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
al2002

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: My Chat Logs root - what am i doing wrong?
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Thing is, I don't know if I got my point across properly.

I know I can change the location from the preferences, but it is the same in both operating systems (in fact, I've never changed it)

It's:

C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Chat Logs

Now in XP/MSN 7.5/Plus! 3, the chat logs for my current (this) month would be stored in that folder directly, whilst previous months logs would have been moved automatically into their own folders (January 2007, February 2007, etc)

In Vista/WLM 8.1/Plus! Live the logs for this month are put in their own folder of March 2007 *BEFORE* March has even ended. So therefore, while I chat when using Vista, my logs will be stored in March 2007, but whilst chatting in XP64, my logs would be saved into the "My Chat Logs" root.

Hope I make sense!!

Unless I'm missing some option which is completely obvious?
03-06-2007 10:46 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
It does the same for me on XP with WLM+Plus!Live.

This is the way Plus!Live handles the logfiles now...there's no archiving afterwards. In Plus!3 it archived afterwards.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-06-2007 12:06 PM
al2002

39 / Male / –
I see.

So I'm screwed then :)
03-06-2007 12:07 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I think if you really want rid of this problem that you best upgrade to WLM+Plus!Live on your XP too.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-06-2007 12:18 PM
al2002

39 / Male / –
Suppose that's the best option.

But while going off topic, I like my open/closed window notifiers - I found one for WLM but it doesn't seem to work anymore, so I chose to keep MSN 7.5 with StuffPlug 2, which has one. Any reason why "Live Notifier" doesn't show anything?

Cheers
03-06-2007 12:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by al2002

But while going off topic, I like my open/closed window notifiers - I found one for WLM but it doesn't seem to work anymore, so I chose to keep MSN 7.5 with StuffPlug 2, which has one. Any reason why "Live Notifier" doesn't show anything?

Cheers
If that is the reason why you still use MSN Messenger 7.5 then I'm sorry to say that the open/closed window notifier in StuffPlug is just as good/bad as any other open/closed window notifier. There is absolutely no difference at all to others.

The one in StuffPlug does not work either (which is also stated by the creator btw. The only reason why it was included again was because people were nagging TheBlasphemer for it, eventhough it doesn't work), since open/closed window notifiers are a myth. They simply do not work.

see and read: CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"

;)

This post was edited on 03-06-2007 at 12:41 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-06-2007 12:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
al2002

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: My Chat Logs root - what am i doing wrong?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by al2002

Cheers
If that is the reason why you still use MSN Messenger 7.5 then I'm sorry to say that the open/closed window notifier in StuffPlug is just as good/bad as any other open/closed window notifier. There is absolutely no difference at all to others.

The one in StuffPlug does not work either (which is also stated by the creator btw. The only reason why it was included again was because people were nagging TheBlasphemer for it, eventhough it doesn't work), since open/closed window notifiers are a myth. They simply do not work.

see and read: CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"

;)

LOL CR I believe we've had this debate before ;)

I'm not going to go into the fact that it does work for me! :)

Just that when I first installed Vista a few weeks ago (just to test it breifly before I made the transition - it's since been formatted and reinstalled) I installed WLM and the latest version of Plus! Live at the time. I found a Script called "Convo Notifier" and I installed it. And it "worked" - just like SP's one did on 7.5

But am I right in thinking a new version of Plus came out very recenty? Because this script, nor the latest "Live Notifier" work anymore as in they do not do anything.

Are they incompatible?

Chers
03-06-2007 02:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: