What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Additional personal status information

[Request] Additional personal status information
Author: Message:
Guitarded1018

O.P. [Request] Additional personal status information
Hey people, would anyone be able to make a script that could be installed on both parties' computers (i.e. my computer and my girlfriend's computer, best friend's computer, close family members' computer, etc.) to give additional status information?  MSN obviously only has the auto-idle function, but it would be nice to have something that could show (for example):
how long in seconds, minutes, and hours that my girlfriend's and my computer has been innactive (maybe starting after 30 seconds or a minute of innactivity as to not be sending idle information every 2 seconds), how many chats we have open (even who we're talking to, privacy isn't an issue between us), possibly an additional section to type a few words stating our current mood, a range of separate statuses to choose from for that person to see (for example: showering, taking the garbage out, studying, etc), plus any other information that may be nice to know even just for curiosity's sake.
Privacy is definately not an issue for us and this would obviously only be used between people who feel the same way (or maybe if the option could be left open to disable certain sections of information from being sent), so the more information, the better!  It's nice feeling like you're almost WITH the person you're talking to.
Thanks in advance and I hope this request gets lucky and can be done!!:)

(I'm just looking for something, possibly like the contact-on-desktop from messenger plus, that shows more information about my contact's status.  Or maybe even something I would have to open from a menu like the "contact information..." in the messenger plus menu.  I'd prefer something like the contact-on-desktop, but having both would be great!:D  Thanks all!)
03-11-2007 07:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Additional personal status information
I think you can use some kind of remote script to control the other user (maybe get information?). And you can use Stuffplug 3 to get her time zone.

Otherwise, this maybe counts as spyware.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-11-2007 08:29 PM
Guitarded1018

O.P. RE: [Request] Additional personal status information
Basically something where the addons on the 2 computers can communicate and exchange additional info with eachother (or if there's another way that would work instead/better, that'd be great too!!:D)
03-11-2007 08:38 PM
Guitarded1018

O.P. RE: [Request] Additional personal status information
hmm true, but even if it's configurable and puts the power in the hands of the person them selves, in terms of how much info they want to send (if any at all)?
03-11-2007 08:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: