What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Filtered auto-idle to contacts

[Request] Filtered auto-idle to contacts
Author: Message:
Guitarded1018

O.P. [Request] Filtered auto-idle to contacts
hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has/could make anything to filter who sees you as idle and who doesn't.  I have wlm set to display me as away after 5 minutes, but I don't want everyone on my list to see, only my closest friends; I like keeping it private.  I know this could be complicated to create because it would be sending 2 different statuses and I'm not sure if that's even possible, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could figure out how to do this.

Just to recap/summarize, I'm looking for something that would allow person A, B, C, and D to see me as away/idle, but to at the same time appear as online to person E, F, G, H, I, J, etc.

any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
03-11-2007 05:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Filtered auto-idle to contacts
Not possible because of the protocol. Just sign in as Appear Offline and block the ones you don't want to see you online.
03-11-2007 06:28 PM
Guitarded1018

O.P. RE: [Request] Filtered auto-idle to contacts
Just what I suspected... what about an addon where I could disable my auto-idle function so that I'm always online, but then have the addon (installed on both my computer and that of the person I'm talking to) give information such as if I or that contact are idle for x minutes or even more information.
I would just really like something like this to use with close people such as my girlfriend, best friend, close family members, etc, but I have lots of other friends who I talk to and don't want to block (I just don't want to give too much of my personal status/information to everyone (I was also partially hoping I could get MORE information from those who are close to me if anything)).
It would be nice if an addon could be made that could be installed on both computers (for example, mine and my girlfriend) to send more personal status information without enabling the auto-idle function.  (examples of functions could be Idle time starting real-time count-up after 30 seconds/1 minute of no computer activity, number of chats we have open, maybe even somewhere to enter a few words describing our mood, plus anything else that could be nice to know for usefulness or just curiosity's sake) (privacy isn't an issue because we aske achother this stuff all the time and don't mind how much eachother knows, it would just be way more convenient and useful this way)

I might just start a new thread for this one, seeing that it's pretty much a new request.

once again, help is greatly appreciated!! thanks again!!
03-11-2007 07:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: