What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Copy&Paste text format

Copy&Paste text format
Author: Message:
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
O.P. Copy&Paste text format
What about copy/cut&paste text with its color, font, style etc from a "rich" textbox to another in wlm? Say, you want to pass a bit of a conversation you're having with A to B, you have to copy&paste it, but it's unreadable 'coz it is plain-text formatted... i dunno if this can be done with a script, maybe it has to be put in plus! core
03-07-2007 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Copy&Paste text format
quote:
Originally posted by rock3r
What about copy/cut&paste text with its color, font, style etc from a "rich" textbox to another in wlm? Say, you want to pass a bit of a conversation you're having with A to B, you have to copy&paste it, but it's unreadable 'coz it is plain-text formatted... i dunno if this can be done with a script, maybe it has to be put in plus! core
No it's practically impossible to do with scripting....to know font style and color you have to sniff msn network...and you can't change the font to paste formatted text(you could use bbcode formatting but the contact should have messenger plus installed)...Greetings

This post was edited on 03-07-2007 at 11:31 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
03-07-2007 11:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Copy&Paste text format
in fact i meant copy&paste on the same pc.. say you are talking with a girl of a friend that likes her and you want to "pass" the conversation to this friend in another window; you copy&paste it, but it's pretty unreadable... isn't possible to copy bbcode-formatted text (or irc-formatted) that plus generates in conversation windows and paste it with the formatting tags, so it keeps its original formatting? i don't see it as a big deal.. it should be implemented in plus! core i think... i agree with you that do it with scripting would be nearly impossible
03-08-2007 10:41 AM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Copy&Paste text format
quote:
in fact i meant copy&paste on the same pc.. say you are talking with a girl of a friend that likes her and you want to "pass" the conversation to this friend in another window; you copy&paste it, but it's pretty unreadable... isn't possible to copy bbcode-formatted text (or irc-formatted) that plus generates in conversation windows and paste it with the formatting tags, so it keeps its original formatting? i don't see it as a big deal.. it should be implemented in plus! core i think... i agree with you that do it with scripting would be nearly impossible

As cookie said in another post "formatting is copied fine here though with Messenger Plus! 4.20.262."

Moreover note there is a script that link a chat to another one it's called Linked chatLinked Chats

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 10:50 AM by TheGuruSupremacy.
03-08-2007 10:47 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Copy&Paste text format
quote:
in fact i meant copy&paste on the same pc..
That's what TheGuruSupremacy also is talking about.

It is not easy for a script to detect these codes.

Moreover, a script can only work with the stuff in its own environment. It is a bit hard to explain, but stuff going on outside this environment is very hard to manipulate or even be catched with scripts. Catching copy/paste operations is such a thing...

Such stuff must be done in Plus! itself, and as a matter of fact, it already is included in Plus!, but it seems to be a bit buggy.

For copying text from one convo to the other, it is not possible to maintain formatting in Plus! 4.20.262.

Even turning off: "Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Main > Enhance text copied to the clipboard (add emoticon codes)" will not solve this as explained here

As such, I requested this thread to be moved to the subforum "bug reports"

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 11:21 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 11:14 AM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
I made a little script that makes the pasted text more readable...
I'm in a hurry... so there might be some errors... although I hope not :)
you have to edit the script and change the first line to make it compatible with your language...

usage: /convopaste <paste the convo>

.plsc File Attachment: convopaste.plsc (1.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 136 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 01:43 PM by foaly.
03-08-2007 01:43 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
? I don't see how this script could do anyting what is being requested (or reported as not working) though, sorry...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 04:21 PM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
? I don't see how this script could do anyting what is being requested (or reported as not working) though, sorry...

well the problem stated:
quote:
Say, you want to pass a bit of a conversation you're having with A to B, you have to copy&paste it, but it's unreadable 'coz it is plain-text formatted

so what the script does is make it readable...
it doesn't fix the colour font or style...
but by adding new colours it does get more readable...
03-08-2007 04:24 PM
rock3r

Rat-fan

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Copy&Paste text format
ok thank you all..
@cookie: i am a programmer (not a very good one, though) so i know that it isn't so easy, and that a script won't likely be able to do it; i suggested inserting it in plus! core for this reason. i don't always read *all* release notes and/or full features list, so i didn't notice that this feature should already be in plus! core; anyway, it *is* buggy (it doesn't work at all, if we want to be precise... i dunno if it could be classified as a bug) so i thought it wasn't there..

@guru: thx for the script, i'll try it! anyway, if it doesn't work, it's not true that "formatting is copied fine", you agree with me, don't you?

@foaly: i'll try your script too.. but it's not what i meant, change colors to make a copied convo readable; i want to mantain original formatting...

wouldn't be nice a "[quote ]" tag? :P i'm joking.. or not... ;)

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 10:41 PM by rock3r.
03-08-2007 10:30 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: