What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Simple online script

Simple online script
Author: Message:
Velio79

O.P. Simple online script
Hello!

there's a script who in contact list show uptime users like this??

quote:
> (M) Gegio
> (M) Mark
> (O) Tom Waits (idle for 10 min)
> (M) Tomas Dumas (last seen: 1h 5m ago)
> (M) Crush (last seen: 1 day 5h ago)
> (M) Salvador Dalė (last seen: 15m ago)

I know that messenger stores this information, but I don't see it in contact list, but only with Stat Center script clicking on sub-tabs!!I used this function in Trillian also...

thanks
03-07-2007 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Simple online script
Messenger doesn't store this information though.

It is Messenger Plus! which stores this information. Messenger Plus! is the addon you can install for Messenger to add some extra functionality to Messenger (like the Contact List Clean-up, which lists these times)...

Anyways,

This is currently not possible to display with scripts. There are some things which makes this impossible:
1) There is currently no (publically known) way to decypher the contact hash under which this information is stored
2) There is currently no (publically known) way to add text like that to the contactlist.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-07-2007 03:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
It would be a good idea for a seperate list of names though rather than the contacts list. There should perhaps be a way to access this information through scripts (MP!L has access to it and could just pass it with a command?)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-07-2007 04:01 PM
Velio79

O.P. RE: RE: Simple online script
Excuse me for my bad english!!

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Messenger doesn't store this information though.

It is Messenger Plus! which stores this information. Messenger Plus! is the addon you can install for Messenger to add some extra functionality to Messenger (like the Contact List Clean-up, which lists these times)...

yessur! :-D I'd say Messenger Plus :-D

quote:
Anyways,
This is currently not possible to display with scripts. There are some things which makes this impossible:
1) There is currently no (publically known) way to decypher the contact hash under which this information is stored

The Stat Center, a messenger plus script, display it in a single window..  so it take this info from messenger.. why isn't possible in contact list?

quote:
2) There is currently no (publically known) way to add text like that to the contactlist.
We can substitute the personal message with info about last seen..
03-08-2007 09:02 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Velio79
The Stat Center, a messenger plus script, display it in a single window..  so it take this info from messenger.. why isn't possible in contact list?
Editing the contact list or stuff in the contact list is not an easy job. And as far as i know the problem if the way messenger works. Till date there is no addon or script which can edit nicknames or modify the contact list so this won't be easy.
03-08-2007 09:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Velio79

O.P. RE: Simple online script
I've read some lines of StatCenter script's code and I'll try to write an easy script to show the infos in a popup window..
after this job, I think to view if it's possible in contact list..
03-08-2007 09:45 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Simple online script
quote:
quote:
Anyways,

The Stat Center, a messenger plus script, display it in a single window..  so it take this info from messenger.. why isn't possible in contact list?
The Stat Center script does not display this information. It uses it own stats, it doesn't use the information stored by Plus!.

quote:
quote:
We can substitute the personal message with info about last seen..
No. Scripts can't do that since it is extremely hard to access the stuff displayed in the contactlist.

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 10:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 10:07 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: