What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » messenger plus/WLM problem

messenger plus/WLM problem
Author: Message:
jkjjmen

37 / Male / –
O.P. messenger plus/WLM problem
hi im trying to copy and paste convos into ms word straight from WLM and the way i do it is i highlight everything in the conversation and then copy and paste it into word and all the formatting and colours usually come but when i try and do it today all the text comes in black font only i have no idea y and the only way it works properly is if i do each phrase one by one. anyone know why this is doing this and a way to fix it? i tried restarting word and my computer and it doesnt work. im using WLM 8.1 and messenger plus 4.20 i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling msn and ms word n it still didnt work and all i did was upgrade to the new messenger plus and thats when it all started now i hve no idea how to get the old version back to c if it would work.

here are 2 pictures to help clarify my problem:

image 1- this is what it should look like

image 2- is what is appearing now

.zip File Attachment: images.zip (129.26 KB)
This file has been downloaded 168 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 06:39 AM by jkjjmen.
03-08-2007 06:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: messenger plus/WLM problem
formatting is copied fine here with Messenger Plus! 4.20.262, if I copy chat lines.

Although, I must say, some extra characters are pasted in front and on the end in places where the colorcodes where when the text was entered in the chat window. I can't remember doing this either in previous versions.

Turning on/off the new option "enhance text copied to the clipboard" doesn't influence this.

However, if I copy the lines from the chat history displayed by Messenger itself in front of a chat window, and the screen name of the contact consists of formatting, then indeed all the rest will be copied without formatting.

Although, those extra characters are still pasted in front and on the end in places where the colorcodes where.

Turning off the new option "enhance text copied to the clipboard", and I can copy those lines fine. (but still again with the extra characters added)

EDIT: All the above when I first tested this...

Now, that I test this a second time, I have a clear pattern:

Turning on the new option "enhance text copied to the clipboard" makes that any formatting isn't copied (still the extra characters are added though).

Turning off the new option "enhance text copied to the clipboard" makes that the formatting is copied properly (still the extra characters are added though).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=796690]

@jkjjmen
try to turn off the option:
Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Main > Enhance text copied to the clipboard (add emoticon codes)

@Patchou
This is a similar bug (but this time when copying text from a convo to another convo): Copy&Paste text format

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by jkjjmen
good thing i brought it up den?
yep

.png File Attachment: Image1.png (11.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 395 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 04:22 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 10:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jkjjmen

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: messenger plus/WLM problem
good thing i brought it up den?
03-08-2007 03:18 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'll check that out, thank you for the bug report.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-09-2007 06:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Cool Fruits

Help Me help YOU <_<

33 / Male / –
Why not logging (using MPL) your conversations opening them for the text you want you copy and selecting the text thats colored and copy and pasting it into your MS Word. Works for me the colors are all there :). I always did that :P
Here to help =)
03-09-2007 08:19 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: