What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Advertising msgpluslive.net

Advertising msgpluslive.net
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net
I'm not sure about the site either, like markee...

Stuff and sites like that are also quite often used to post private stuff about people because "they annoyed me" or as a "revenge".

I strongly believe in being innocent until prooven guilty. It is not up to the public to judge other people just like that out of the blue. And this will/does happen on sites like this.

If I'm talking to a young girl and I say something to offend her or we have a fight, without even remotely talking about sex, that girl (or 18 your old guy for all I know) can easly put my profile on such sites.

Hence, I don't agree with such "mass hanging by the public" sites.
Catching pedofiles is a work for the police, not for you... They are trained for it, and there is a reason for it.

quote:
we go onto teen chatrooms pretending to be gullible little girls, sitting there, waiting for someone to talk to us. Sometimes pervs start a convo with a friendly "Hey, how are you?", but you know you've got a real perv when they send "35-m-uk with cam. what's ur MSN?". After talking to him on MSN, pretending to be shy and unsure about cyber-sex, we show our faces and send the message "Welcome to www.pervgallery.co.nr! Expect to be on the site within the hour!".
Pure genius!
Even just this paragraph (and even the first sentence alone) makes we wanna avoid everything with that site all together. As I find this just as bad as actual pedofily.

eg: imagine 'they' are sitting in #banana. With all the fun talk and way of expressing there (of which I do not want to judge anybody, it's simple they way it is) 'they' could report a hell of a lot of people there, just because they are talking in the way they talk...

I do not agree with such practices. Mostly because there is always a chance of accusing someone without any reason, maybe not by you people, but certainly by others who can submit their catches. And also because even if you 'catch' a real pedofile, it wouldn't solve anything at all. The pedofile in question will not stop his/her practices and will not be punished either.

So what if they appear on that site, they simply change from email address or whatever and carry on... And above all, many people don't even use their real name, address, etc, especially pedofiles. The only thing real is quite often only the webcam shot.

If you want to take this serious and actually help, I'd suggest to remove those logs and everything else from the site, and instead contact the proper instances each time and submit your 'catches' to them instead. They will properly investigate and will take action if needed.

eg: http://www.ecops.be/ if you live in Belgium
And on WLM you can report them by going to "Help > Report Abuse".

------------------

So, I'm not sure about the linkage with Plus! to something like this either, but that's my opinion...

As markee suggested, contact Patchou...

This post was edited on 03-08-2007 at 04:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2007 03:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Advertising msgpluslive.net - by ViperBlade on 03-08-2007 at 01:24 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by Discrate on 03-08-2007 at 01:33 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by markee on 03-08-2007 at 01:45 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by brian on 03-08-2007 at 01:50 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by CookieRevised on 03-08-2007 at 03:11 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by ViperBlade on 03-08-2007 at 09:56 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by CookieRevised on 03-09-2007 at 12:23 AM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by ViperBlade on 03-09-2007 at 10:37 AM
RE: RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by CookieRevised on 03-09-2007 at 11:07 AM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by Eddie on 03-09-2007 at 02:52 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by ViperBlade on 03-09-2007 at 05:06 PM
RE: RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by CookieRevised on 03-09-2007 at 11:48 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by Voldemort on 03-09-2007 at 10:48 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by ViperBlade on 03-10-2007 at 03:21 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by Voldemort on 03-10-2007 at 04:27 PM
RE: Advertising msgpluslive.net - by ViperBlade on 03-10-2007 at 05:11 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: