What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive

Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive
Author: Message:
h4xnoodle

35 / Female / –
O.P. Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive
Yesterday I got the update notification to install the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live. I installed it, and then as soon it was done, I noticed my 'pointer' or any click action was semi-unresponsive. I say semi because it takes about 3-6 clicks to actually get anything in Windows XP to click/activate.

I'm using Windows XP SP2, the newest version of msgplus! live [4.20.0.262]

It's fairly frusterating since it takes on average 4 clicks of the mouse to actually click something on the screen. I'm not even going to try and play an FPS right now :P

Thanks!
03-16-2007 04:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Val

30 / Other / Flag
RE: Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive
Do you think this could be caused by some kind of lag? Is your system unresponsive while you try/the computer activates another window?

I am thinking it has something to do with another program eating up system resources. It could be WLM (since WLM loves to be a resource hog) or some other program.

Also, could this just be your mouse acting funny and one of the buttons being stuck or something? Does right-clicking work instantly?

This doesn't seem like something Messenger Plus! would do.
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
03-16-2007 06:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
h4xnoodle

35 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive
Nah its not lag. Everything else is fine and normal. Just when I'm trying to click anything (like a link on a web page, or any buttons in Windows) the pointer seems unresponsive. I click with varying pressure on the mouse trying to get it to click, no matter how hard or softly I press, it's always taking about 3-4 clicks to get anything done.

If it did happen to be the mouse that was the problem, that would be extremely convenient that it happened right after I installed the new MP!L. Even the finish/close button in the installation window didn't press down when I clicked 2-3 times.

I really don't think its my mouse, and definitely not lag - nothing else is semi-unresponsive like this.

Thanks for the help though. ^^

This post was edited on 03-16-2007 at 06:30 PM by h4xnoodle.
03-16-2007 06:30 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive
I'm positive when I say this can't be caused by Messenger Plus!, especially if it's system wide as Plus! has no effect system wide (you an always try to uninstall Plus! to see if it solves it though).
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-17-2007 05:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
h4xnoodle

35 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Mouse/Pointer Semi-unresponsive
I'll try that.

Later today:

I uninstalled Msgplus!live and my mouse seems to be fine again. I never had to click more than once to get anywhere. I clicked with varying pressures and each one worked well - just as before MP!L was installed. I will try installing again and see what happens (maybe its a script or something?)

A few minutes later:

Yeah that worked. Everything is fine now. thanks for the help.

This post was edited on 03-17-2007 at 08:53 PM by h4xnoodle.
03-17-2007 01:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: