What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Installation issue - straight forward download+install

Installation issue - straight forward download+install
Author: Message:
Samateus

O.P. Installation issue - straight forward download+install
Okay, I used to do programming, and I'm not really  that great with figuring out computer problems, I only know the basics.

When I heard about MSGPlus, I felt compelled to get it, and asked my friend who runs the program, to forward me the link today. I downloaded it (Version 3.63.148 for Msn Messenger 7.5 on my windows XP computer) and tried to download it. Now, there are five accounts on this machine, only two are used frequently, and I don't care for the Windows Live Messenger, so I haven't installed it. All the accounts are administrator access and there are no viruses active on the computer that I have come to be aware of.

First time I tried to install, I received this message:
(I surrounded it in red...)
[Image: WTF_MSGPlus-1.jpg]

Now, I have looked through the old threads (even as far back as page 84...) and searched for similar topics to find nothing describing this problem exactly, and received no solution for this issue.

Is it really corrupt and due to my using firefox? should I be downloading it from a mirror site instead? Should I be using the 'run' program instead of double-clicking the .exe download on my desktop?

I hope to get help with this, and I apologise if there was indeed an issue exactly like this that was already resolved and on the forum...

This post was edited on 04-17-2007 at 03:44 AM by Samateus.
04-17-2007 03:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Installation issue - straight forward download+install
You really should try downloading from a mirror and try again. Using "run" instead of double clicking on the exe will do the same thing. If getting the file from a mirror doesn't solve it, then there is something wrong with your access rights, preventing the installer to do what needs top be done :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-18-2007 12:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Samateus

O.P. RE: Installation issue - straight forward download+install
are there any mirrors that you would personally recommend, dearest Patchou?
I'd like to be certain that they are trusted sites, and wont corrupt the download, or my system...

Edit:
Okay, I've been searching through many different sites, trying multiple mirrors, and none have worked.
What is wrong with my access rights? Is there a way to remedy this problem?
Help me please...

This post was edited on 04-18-2007 at 02:24 AM by Samateus.
04-18-2007 01:59 AM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
I'm sure you could download from SonicSam.net ... One of our forum members.

(Y)

----

About your edit:

Are you sure you're the computer administrator? If you're not in an account with Administrator privileges, it won't let you install it. If that's the case, try logging off and logging in to the administrator account. By default, it is "Administrator" and no password... or other accounts in your computer, maybe your dad's?

This post was edited on 04-18-2007 at 02:25 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
04-18-2007 02:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Samateus

I made the account, made certain it's administrator (hell, I JUST checked again to make double certain) and still, nothing works.
(and please don't mention my 'father', as I haven't seen mine in over two years. This is the house computer for my grandmother's... and only she and I really use it...)

as for the link you gave, I'm running MSN 7.5 not, MSN Live Messenger...
04-18-2007 02:41 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
OK have you tried disabling anti-virus and spyware programs, sometimes they can prevent installations.

And have you tried in Safe Mode?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
04-18-2007 02:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Samateus

I've only got windows live one-care, and I already disabled it and nothing happened.

also, trying to get this computer into safe-mode is like trying to raise the dead... (literally... ew.)

Anyway, I gave up, upgraded to WLM, and installed MSGPlus! Live, and it runs fine.

Dear admins: Lock this thread please, as it is no longer relevant...
04-18-2007 03:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: