What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » appear offline only to one user or group?

appear offline only to one user or group?
Author: Message:
lindz

O.P. appear offline only to one user or group?

Does anyone know if it's possible to appear offline only to one person or group in your contact list?

I don't want to block the person since I don't want him (in any way) to notice he's been blocked , and I don't want to remove him from my contact list since I don't want him to notice he's been removed. I want to still be able to receive messages and I don't want him to know that I'm "hiding".

Is this possible in any way? 
03-22-2007 01:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: appear offline only to one user or group?
quote:
Originally posted by lindz
Does anyone know if it's possible to appear offline only to one person or group in your contact list?

I don't want to block the person since I don't want him (in any way) to notice he's been blocked , and I don't want to remove him from my contact list since I don't want him to notice he's been removed. I want to still be able to receive messages and I don't want him to know that I'm "hiding".

Well if you block the person there is no way they can find out, simply because to them you appear to be offline, so you dont need to worry about that, im only aware of one way and its a group blocker...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72...d=794572#pid794572

Contacts you want to block must be in a "Group" in your contact list for that script if you dont know. Make sure you also have Messenger Plus Live and Windows Live Messenger installed :)

This post was edited on 03-22-2007 at 01:27 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-22-2007 01:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lindz

O.P. RE: RE: appear offline only to one user or group?

Thanks Eddie,

but if the person sends me a message, he will notice he's been blocked since I never answer ( I usually answer messages that have been delivered while I'm offline).. that's why I'm searching for this feature :)

The other way 'round, it would be nice to be able to appear offline to everyone else but 1, special one. ;)

But I guess I'm searching for a feature that doesn't exist :/

/Lindz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:

Well if you block the person there is no way they can find out, simply because to them you appear to be offline, so you dont need to worry about that, im only aware of one way and its a group blocker...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72...d=794572#pid794572

Contacts you want to block must be in a "Group" in your contact list for that script if you dont know. Make sure you also have Messenger Plus Live and Windows Live Messenger installed :)

03-22-2007 01:35 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Im pretty sure that you are not able to do that sorry :(
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-22-2007 01:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
but if the person sends me a message, he will notice he's been blocked since I never answer ( I usually answer messages that have been delivered while I'm offline).. that's why I'm searching for this feature
StuffPlug allows you to chat with blocked contacts aswell.
03-22-2007 01:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lindz

O.P. RE: appear offline only to one user or group?
Not sure if I understood the SP blocktalk feature right, but this could be the one I'm searching for so thanks Felu, I'll have to check it out! :)

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
but if the person sends me a message, he will notice he's been blocked since I never answer ( I usually answer messages that have been delivered while I'm offline).. that's why I'm searching for this feature
StuffPlug allows you to chat with blocked contacts aswell.
03-22-2007 02:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: