What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Help, WLM + Vista (wierd contact list problems...)

Help, WLM + Vista (wierd contact list problems...)
Author: Message:
DekkerSlade

O.P. Huh?  Help, WLM + Vista (wierd contact list problems...)
I've recently built a new computer and have had windows live messenger running without ANY problems what-so-ever for approx. 2 weeks until this afternoon. It's acting extremely wierd, and I couldn't find anything online having to do with this.

When I log on, only random people show up online while everyone else is offline. Slowly people will just disappear of the list (both online and offline), and then groups will start to go as well until I'm left with no one in my contact list and a random group or two left over (half the time it will be a group like co-workers, which I don't even have on my list, and offline). At this point, SOMETIMES it will log me out (but the program wont crash).

Everyone else can see me online and can talk to me with no problems and I can continue to talk to anyone who starts a conversation with me, but I just can't start conversations because there is NO ONE on my list lol.

If I log onto MSN Web Messenger the contact list is fine, everyone is in their proper groups, and I can start conversations with whoever I need too.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing a few times and this hasn't fixed the problem.

Other strange problems that haven't happened often:
- behaving wierdly on random occasions when I close the program and the icon stays in the task manager.
- right as everything started screwing up, the icon disapeared from the start bar and windows was acting like the program wasn't running, but I could still use it. When I logged off and on again the problems were as I described above.

Thanks in advance!

This post was edited on 03-20-2007 at 11:17 PM by DekkerSlade.
03-20-2007 11:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: