What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Popup Notification - Options in Display A Custom Message

Popup Notification - Options in Display A Custom Message
Author: Message:
Cafeend

55 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Popup Notification - Options in Display A Custom Message
I would like the MP!L popup to display the contact's nickname rather than their login name.

Is there a variable or code I can put in the custom message section to show the nickname?
03-24-2007 10:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Popup Notification - Options in Display A Custom Message
I'm sorry but this is not possible.  Currently, due to MP!L being recoded, there is no custom names feature (this may not even return at all, it is Patchou's decision) and there has been no way so far for anyone to find a method to get the custom nickname you can give you contacts through WLM's options.  Because of both these facts there is no way of doing such a thing I am sorry to say.  The only way would be if someone were to make a script where you can assign a nickname to your contact and run all your toasts through that script, but to do something like that is a massive effort and I do not think any scripter will offer to do such a thing.

In short, no there is no variable or anything, this cannot be done at the present time and may never be done in the future either (lets hope otherwise however).
[Image: markee.png]
03-24-2007 10:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: