What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact list problem

Contact list problem
Author: Message:
kryp2nyt

38 / – / –
O.P. Contact list problem
Hello all :)

Am going to refer to my problems with the 3 versions of MSN/WLM: 7.5, 8.0 and 8.1.

7.5: all contacts nicknames are updated and are THE SAME whenever I sign in anywhere.

8.0: Contacts update well, but they only update on the machine I use upon the contact's sign in. It DOES NOT UPDATE in 7.5 (that is, the OLDER nicknames since 7.5 remains unchanged, DESPITE THEY CHANGED in 8.0)

8.1: Same as 8.0, with an exception of another problem, my nickname cannot remain the same, it changes to the 'First Name' that appears in my emails, that is, the first name registered in my Windows Live ID credentials. It ALWAYS reverts back to that name, NOT to my preset nickname

Any idea about all of this? Is 7.5 the best of all of them afterall? :D
03-24-2007 05:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact list problem
quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
Hello all :)

Am going to refer to my problems with the 3 versions of MSN/WLM: 7.5, 8.0 and 8.1.

7.5: all contacts nicknames are updated and are THE SAME whenever I sign in anywhere.

8.0: Contacts update well, but they only update on the machine I use upon the contact's sign in. It DOES NOT UPDATE in 7.5 (that is, the OLDER nicknames since 7.5 remains unchanged, DESPITE THEY CHANGED in 8.0)

8.1: Same as 8.0, with an exception of another problem, my nickname cannot remain the same, it changes to the 'First Name' that appears in my emails, that is, the first name registered in my Windows Live ID credentials. It ALWAYS reverts back to that name, NOT to my preset nickname

Any idea about all of this? Is 7.5 the best of all of them afterall? :D

I'm not 100% sure about this problem but may have a slight idea.

The contact names, and your nickname may not be updated on the Windows Live Servers. Possibly due to a connection problem. If this is the case, you re-sign in it will use the nickname on the server (or so i believe).

Has this always been happening?

Like i said, i'm not sure as to the cause, but i think they updating on the Windows Live Servers could be a possible cause
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
03-26-2007 07:44 PM
kryp2nyt

38 / – / –
O.P. RE: Contact list problem
Yes its always been happening since I upgraded from 7.5 to 8.0!

Btw, I NEVER used the beta version of 8.0, I upgraded straight away to the final version.

This is becoming frustrating actually.

But the funny part, is that 8.0 updates names changed in 7.5 without any problems. 7.5 doesn't update them from 8.0.

Also, in 8.0, they don't update anywhere, neither on 7.5 or 8.0 or even 8.1!! ^o)
03-27-2007 04:35 AM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Contact list problem
quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
Yes its always been happening since I upgraded from 7.5 to 8.0!

Btw, I NEVER used the beta version of 8.0, I upgraded straight away to the final version.

This is becoming frustrating actually.

But the funny part, is that 8.0 updates names changed in 7.5 without any problems. 7.5 doesn't update them from 8.0.

Also, in 8.0, they don't update anywhere, neither on 7.5 or 8.0 or even 8.1!! ^o)

So...the names are updated to 8.0 from version 7.5 on the same computer, or is this when you try on different computers?

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
03-27-2007 07:24 PM
kryp2nyt

38 / – / –
O.P. RE: Contact list problem
On 7.5:

They update correctly on my machine, and on other machines, they appear updated (despite the contact is offline, it appears updated as it did on my machine).

on 8.0:

It updates correctly as well, but it remains updated only on my machine, if I sign in from anywhere else, they appear as the old nickname IN BOTH 8.0 OR 7.5.

Example, I changed my name from 123 to xyz:

on 7.5 : It shows xyz correctly here and on any PC, even if he/she is offline

8.0: shows correctly only here, on other PC's, it still shows as 123 (the old nickname).
03-27-2007 08:54 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: