What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Speech bubble chats

[request] Speech bubble chats
Author: Message:
trick 17

38 / – / –
O.P. [request] Speech bubble chats
Hi,

IŽam searching for a script or plugin that changes the layout of the messages to a speech bubble styled chat.

I have attached a screenshot of an example. Seen at the Miranda IM.

So if someone has a script or plugin which already exists please inform me.

Thank you

trick 17

.png File Attachment: screenshot.png (57.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 249 time(s).
04-02-2007 08:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Speech bubble chats
Nothing like this is done or can be done. Not even if you skin Windows Live Mesenger will this be possible.
04-02-2007 11:50 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Unfortunately, that doesn't exist.  Furthermore, it would take quite a lot of work to actually create and if it was made it wouldn't have such a nice design.  You can get the same kind of effect using the "group sequential messages from each contact together" feature found in WLM itself in the Option > Messages.  Unfortunately, this is the best that can be offered at the current point in time, maybe in the future you might get lucky....

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Nothing like this is done or can be done. Not even if you skin Windows Live Mesenger will this be possible.
You could just use Plus! windows if you really wanted and hide the chat windows whenever they are created.  I was planning on making my own nicer interfaced messenger look doing this method but realised a lot of shortcomings involved and didn't progress any further than my thoughts.  It would be possible that way, but would be very limitted in features and stuff like that.

This post was edited on 04-02-2007 at 12:01 PM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
04-02-2007 11:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
I'll give this idea a try.

04-02-2007 02:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
This is possible and a great idea in my view. In fact this is something Patchou should try and implement himself. However this would be full of limitations, and would look very different to the rest of Messenger (using Plus! could make it look nice mind you).

You could not reply within the window itself, and it would have to be a seprate window from your other conversations. Plus adding fancy effects such as the bubbles would be difficult (but not impossible), this would most likely not blend in with the general design trend of Messenger, and will look bad. Finally, easily distinguishing between contacts (using those nice display pictures) is impossible.

All these factors will make creating this feature extremely diffcult and full of limitations. If anything the Messenger team should code it themselves :).
04-02-2007 06:05 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
I can think of a way to do this...but Windows Vista isn't helping me try to execute it :/
04-02-2007 07:42 PM
callmegarfield

OoOoOoOoOoOoOh....

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: [request] Speech bubble chats
quote:
Originally posted by Deco
I can think of a way to do this...but Windows Vista isn't helping me try to execute it :/

This script would be AWESOME. Especially if the speech bubbles float or something... But that's even more of a challenge. Is there an IM client (like Trillian) which does this?
[Image: garfieldsig.jpg]
04-03-2007 04:13 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Well I can't get Xniff to work with Vista so I guess I'll just send the idea here and someone can try to execute it.

My idea was to build a window with textboxes just like people build menus for their scripts and put the messages send from each contact into these boxes. I'd sniff the incoming messages frmo the contacts in the chat and hide the proper chat window MSN makes (i'd still use the window to check who's in the chat and who's not) and update my new xml window each time a new message came.

This is how I can think of doing this

04-03-2007 08:03 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
@Deco: Why don' you just use Plus! events instead of sniffing out conversations? :P
04-03-2007 08:14 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
For some reason I thought I'd need to sniff to actually see chat invites but I'm not even sure there's a different protocol for chat to multiple contacts... but thanks for the advice anyway.
04-03-2007 08:21 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: