What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How Can I Block Other Peoples Plus Scripts From Affecting Me?

How Can I Block Other Peoples Plus Scripts From Affecting Me?
Author: Message:
Plant Eater

O.P. How Can I Block Other Peoples Plus Scripts From Affecting Me?
Hi people this is really important.
I'm wondering if someone or some people can tell me how I can block other peoples plus scripts from working?
Like it still works for them but I don't get the results.
Lets take the nudgeflooding script I don't want it to work against me because I don't want do be nudged heaps ok.
And I don't want to turn off nudges in the settings and stuff in MSN.

Please give me a helpful answer ok.
Not something like "Turn off nudges" Or "Get a program that blocks nudges" Or "Block them" Or "Nudge them Back" Or any other b.s

I just really need an answer, there has to be a way to stop some peoples scripts affecting what happens to you when it comes to MSN.

Thanks heaps in advance now I will wait for an answer.
04-04-2007 11:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: How Can I Block Other Peoples Plus Scripts From Affecting Me?
You can't. Either you turn them all off or nothing. You can't decide what the other person's msn does.

quote:
Not something like "Turn off nudges" Or "Get a program that blocks nudges" Or "Block them" Or "Nudge them Back" Or any other b.s

Those are the only ways.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
04-04-2007 11:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plant Eater

O.P. RE: How Can I Block Other Peoples Plus Scripts From Affecting Me?
Thats ridiculous what if someone makes up a script in the form of a virus or something. Do you have any idea what your doing? So there is no way to do this.
Even if you don't have any scripts installed and you don't want to be affected by other peoples scripts how do you stop them from affecting you?
04-05-2007 12:46 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Plant Eater
what if someone makes up a script in the form of a virus or something.
In order for the script to be harmful to you, it would need to be installed and executed in your computer*. All the scripts can do to you, if you don't have them in your computer, is annoy you, like in this case.

Personally, I'm surprised that the script is even allowed in the DB.

quote:
how do you stop them from affecting you?
Again, all you can do in this case is turn off nudges, block them, or better yet, tell them to stop bugging you.

There is not much you can do about others' scripts, since they don't affect your WLM. All they can do is send you things. (pft, I repeated myself)

* The harmful script could also send you a file, but if you don't use the "auto-accept" feature, you wouldn't need to worry about it. And links can be blocked or ignored.

This post was edited on 04-05-2007 at 12:59 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

04-05-2007 12:56 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
In the case of people nudging non-stop, see the reply of q25 or another thing you can make, is to use NudgeBack, a script that nudges back a person that nudges you...
Another script you maybe can use is NudgesToolsScript...

If the problem is that people sign in and out too mch in a short period of time (making flood with the toasts), Cookie has made the Signin Flood Protection script, take a look on this post... It's a request that I've made it, and Cookie made the script...

If there is something missing, try to tell us what scripts your contacts uses....
Another thing: You can try to find out some scripts using the search or going to the Scripts Database

Hope I could help...
;)

Little Edits: About the nudges, they will help annoy back the contacts...
                   About the Signin Flood Protection, it will BLOCK the contcats for a period of time (that you can configure)
                   If you don't want to anoy anyone and just try a "relaxed" way, I suggest you or Block the contact, after talking to it; or, in the case of nudges, you can Patch the WLM, so it will not Shake the window...
                   About the virus thing -> With scripts you can make a malicious one, BUT it will only infects you if you instal it... On the Database of Plus!, the scripts are tested, so a malicius script will not be posted there never or even on the Scripts Forum. You can doubt about external fonts (other sites)... But not with the Plus! site... - see also the L. Coyote's reply up to mine for adicional informaion...

This post was edited on 04-05-2007 at 01:20 AM by MicroWay.
04-05-2007 01:07 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
No script can affect the security of a computer where it's not installed. If somebody annoys you on Messenger, wheter it's with a Messenger Plus! script or some other patch, the only thing I can recommend you is to block this contact, purely and simply.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-05-2007 01:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Plant Eater

O.P. RE: How Can I Block Other Peoples Plus Scripts From Affecting Me?
I still honestly think there should be some emergency way to block your contacts scripts from working on your account. Like what I said before. I'm surprised that this has not been done.
04-06-2007 11:26 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
I still honestly think there should be some emergency way to block your contacts scripts from working on your account. Like what I said before. I'm surprised that this has not been done.
But there's no way of telling when a contact is using a script, since all the script can do is affect the account where it's installed.

Like I said:
quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote
All they can do is send you things.

There is no difference between what a script sends and what a human sends, so Plus! can't really block anything sent by a script.

Besides, it wouldn't make sense to have a feature like Scripts and not be able to make it work for other contacts, since it's one of the main points of the feature.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

04-06-2007 11:45 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:

Its not only scripts, patchs also do this. There's no way it can be stopped. As patchou said, there's no way these scripts can affect your computer's security, unless you install them.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
04-06-2007 11:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: