What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] WLM (only) as mail notifier

[Request] WLM (only) as mail notifier
Author: Message:
user13774
Disabled Account

O.P. [Request] WLM (only) as mail notifier
There is this option not to show any notification (contact online or new mail) when your status is set to Busy. I'd like a little bit modified version of the feature:

I'd like a function that allows only new mail notifications to be shown when my status is set to busy or appear offline.
This way I can use my Windows Live Messenger just as a 'mail notifier' in my Windows tray. When I'm studying for example I'm not interested in chatting with my contacts, so I don't want to know if anyone of them comes online. On the other hand I do like to be kept informed about new mail.

Is it also possible to change the tray icon (or show a second icon) in case of new mail?

To summarize what I mean: I'm looking for a Gmail notifier-like tool in my Windows system tray for Live Hotmail and I think WLM can do just that with a little modification or perhaps with a Msgplus script :)

I know Windows Live Mail Desktop can do something like this, but I don't want all my mail to be downloaded to my PC.

This post was edited on 04-08-2007 at 12:14 PM by user13774.
04-08-2007 11:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: