What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption

Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption
Author: Message:
themrb

O.P. Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption
I remember on the old plus, (v3?), you could type /msg and it'd have a box come up with the emails or names most appropriate as you typed it.  I used this feature heaps, I had tonnes of contacts on my list and it takes ages to get a IM up with them from the normal window.

Now, the /msg feature needs an exact email address.  I can't remember the emails of all of my friends XD.  Is it possible to bring this back?

A different suggest would be to have it able to set names to emails... i.e, type /msg themrb, and it'll message themrb@runehq.com, but you'd have to set an email to the name.

I already sorta do this, I have like msgthemrb as a quicktext (/msg themrb@runehq.com), and so far have about 15 of them set up.  It's annoying to set up, and embarrassing when you think you've set someone and you haven't XD.

On chat logs... is there a way to decrypt old chat logs.  For about a year I used encryption, but it comes with a drawback, you can't search the logs.  I used the same password for all of it, though, is there some way to remove this?  I have reasonably ordered my chat logs into a couple of neat directories.

One last suggestion, an enable all button in the scripts.  My computer has... issues... and frequently has forced reboots during start up, usually just after I get past the welcome screen.  Sometimes it happens when I'm just 'in', when messenger is loading up.  So all my scripts get disabled, and it's annoying to re-enable them.

This post was edited on 04-11-2007 at 11:07 PM by themrb.
04-11-2007 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption
Your suggestion is something that will be implemented thoughout the entire of Messenger Plus! once it is possible. Now Windows Live Messenger uses custom names, and can organise them better (although Plus! made them more customisble) there is no need to have this feature in Plus! anymore.

However you could argue this feature was half-coded, as no API functions were added. Unfortunately custom names are stored on the server side, so there is nothing Plus! can do until the Messenger team add the function to the API :).
04-11-2007 02:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
themrb

O.P. RE: Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption
No I don't think you understand, I'm not talking about the nicknames, I posted about that in a different thread XD.  I wish I had a screenshot of it, but in the old messenger plus you could type /msg a, and then it'd come up with all of the contacts whose name or email started with a in a box sort of thing (a bit like the one that appears when you type / and leave it for a second), and then as you typed it'd narrow it down a bit, if you knew the first bit of their name or email you could send an IM to them like that.  I wasn't talking about custom names at all.
04-11-2007 02:56 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption
Just the two points I can talk about (I'm not too familiar with the rest unfortunately)...

/psm is a command already and I'm quite sure it has been there since version 4.00 and it does exactly as you ask

and /run can do all those things that you want, it is just like using the run box from the start menu or command prompt, I don't see how it can be improved.  Maybe you can elaborate some more on this point for us.

I will leave the other points for other people to answer you as I do not want to misguide you.
[Image: markee.png]
04-11-2007 03:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
themrb

O.P. RE: Suggestion, improve /msg, /run command, +decryption
XD Okay I didn't notice that, I was sure I looked down the list and couldn't find it.

And nevermind about the run thing too, I didn't know that you could run them from run XD.  Thanks!
04-11-2007 10:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: