What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop

Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. Huh?  Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop
I want to move all my contacts from Microsoft Outlook 2007 into Palm Desktop. I don't have a handheld. Is there a way to do it? I tried the Export tool in Outlook 2007 but there seems to be no compatible file format for Palm to accept. Thanks.

This post was edited on 04-13-2007 at 10:34 PM by alegator.
04-13-2007 10:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I want to move all my contacts from Microsoft Outlook 2007 into Palm Desktop. I don't have a handheld. Is there a way to do it? I tried the Export tool in Outlook 2007 but there seems to be no compatible file format for Palm to accept. Thanks.

I used this little program that made it possible for me to be able to sync my contacts to my handheld with outlook 07 (palm not having released anything that is compatible yet) but I don't think it would be of any use if you don't have the handheld..

What you could do is export in a cvs format I think it's named, then import it with Palm desktop, but as I don't have the palm desktop software installed, I can`t tell you if the palm software has an import feature.

But do you mind mentionning what transferring your contacts is for if you don't posses a handheld..? :S
04-13-2007 10:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: RE: Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop
quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:
Originally posted by alegator

I used this little program that made it possible for me to be able to sync my contacts to my handheld with outlook 07 (palm not having released anything that is compatible yet) but I don't think it would be of any use if you don't have the handheld..

What you could do is export in a cvs format I think it's named, then import it with Palm desktop, but as I don't have the palm desktop software installed, I can`t tell you if the palm software has an import feature.

But do you mind mentionning what transferring your contacts is for if you don't posses a handheld..? :S

Palm Desktop only accepts dba or vcs files, and neither of them shows in the export options of Outlook 2007.
Regarding why I want ot do this is just because I'm used to the Palm Desktop software, I prefer its interface and search.
04-13-2007 11:53 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop
Doesn't vcs stand for Comma Separated Values?
If so, Outlook 2003 shows the option to import your contacts into that format, I would believe Outlook 2007 has this feature as well.

It seems that outlook only exports in CSV.. I don't know the difference between that and vcs though..

There seem to be programs that does this.. quick look :

http://www.bestsoftware4download.com/software/t-f...load-wbpalufm.html

It's a shareware though.. :S

this seems to be a known problem of the palm software :

http://linkesoft.com/dimex/

This post was edited on 04-14-2007 at 12:20 AM by albert.
04-14-2007 12:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: Moving contacts from Outlook 2007 to Palm Desktop
Thanks alby
04-14-2007 01:40 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites