What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Winner of the Console War

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: Who do you think is the winner of the Console War?
Playstation III won.
Xbox 360 won.
Wii won.
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Winner of the Console War
Author: Message:
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Winner of the Console War
quote:
Originally posted by kao
Xbox 360 is ahead now but the PS3 is going to win in the long run.
tru.dat ;)

even though for me its PS3, i think that xbox 360 is out in the lead atm... just because it was released before the PS3

This post was edited on 04-19-2007 at 06:28 AM by NanaFreak.
04-19-2007 06:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
I think the Wii had a good idea. Simply throwing new hardware at the console industry isn't particularly going to make games any more "fun" to play. However, once the novelty of the Wiimote wears off, you'll find that the original console style will appear to most gamers. Outgoing, active people who've never played a game in their life, as well as older people such as parents, will probably still find the Wii fun.

My dad was actually considering buying a Wii for the living room so that we could have some fun as a family, until he saw the article on the wrist straps and didn't fancy someone putting a Wiimote through the £1,500 TV.

I will buy a PS3 when I can afford it. Although I am p*ssed at the fact most of my good PS2 games won't run on it.

(For now, I'd say the Wii has was the console war simply because it's had the most sales to date.)
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
04-19-2007 06:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Until the other consoles cease to exist, I believe that no console has won the war.
04-19-2007 07:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Well, no one has won yet but PS3 is doing badly, it's just too expensive IMO.

I've recently bought a 360 and it's great - I used to be a Sony fanboy but since having this, well I'm pretty happy and think MS did a good job.

so atm xbox 360 > PS3

as for the wii, it's good, if you're a kid or a parent who wants their child to exercise :P
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-19-2007 07:10 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I recon Wii was winning with prices but people are learning that there pretty crappy so Xbox 360 ave taken over until PS3 comes into light :)
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-19-2007 07:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
http://nexgenwars.com/
04-19-2007 08:09 AM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
I've tried all of them (360, PS3 and Wii) and i prefer the Wii, but mainly because of it's innovation as the controller.. although the senser can be easily breakable. And because PS3 was released later in europe, i don't think it's winning the war at this time.. and in my town, xbox 360's arent as popular as wii's (had to do a survey in maths) so, i think ATM wii is winning..
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
04-19-2007 11:23 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I have an xbox 360, so naturally I'm going to choose that. Someone I know has a PS3 and even they said it's pretty much exactly the same as the 360, it's a waste of money.

In my opinion, the Nintendo Wii is doing a lot better than the others, followed by the 360 then the Playstation 3.

The 360 & Wii will reign for a while, people will realise that the PS3 is one of those consoles you'll barely be able to upgrade without voiding the warranty and realise that most of it's features are useless.
04-19-2007 01:21 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Winner of the Console War
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The 360 & Wii will reign for a while, people will realise that the PS3 is one of those consoles you'll barely be able to upgrade without voiding the warranty and realise that most of it's features are useless.

First of all you can replace the HDD without voiding the warranty I believe and there will be firmware upgrade too (I believe that is why they decided to use software rather than hardware for the backwards compatibility in the PAL version).  There are also many new features that I have bee reading about over the past month or two that should be implemented into the PS3 (better speed for the blueray disk, larger HDD and rumble for the controllers).

Personally I do not believe it needs as much upgrading of hardware as the likes of the 360 because it already has the blueray player built in rather than having to have an extension.

I do realise this post seems very bias, but I do realise many other factors of the other systems are very good, I just do not feel you should be so harsh on such a new console and just let them all play out for a while longer and getting some decent games to test the machines properly before making any statements.
[Image: markee.png]
04-19-2007 02:00 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Games consoles are becoming too much like computers, which they are not. I don't want to talk to Messenger contacts on my Wii, or surf the net with my PSP, it's not practical! I use computer stuff for my computer.

The Wii has done well for this reason, it is not pretending to be a computer, it can't and won't run Linux or any other modifications, it is a games console.

The 360 is also impressive. High definition, it's huge library of games and the storage make it great. It was the first of it's class. Then the PS3 came out, which just seemed a more powerful and more expensive 360, which is where it where it wrong, it lacks creativity.

The Wii got lucky. Nintendo proved something different does work, and simple ideas turn out best. Why else could they get away with such a lack of technology? Now the Wii has set it's mark, game developers are going to close in on it, and the same applies to the 360.

At the moment the selling point for the PS3 (in my view) is the fact it is the new PS2. It's success will come from the PS2, otherwise what makes it so special :P?
04-19-2007 04:48 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: